Home | About | Donate

Think US Media Won't Help Lead Nation Into War With Iran Based on Flimsy or False Intelligence? Looks Like They Already Are

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/14/think-us-media-wont-help-lead-nation-war-iran-based-flimsy-or-false-intelligence

3 Likes

Can someone explain to me how removing an unexploded mine from an oil tanker is a bad thing? If that is what actually happened, it seems like a pretty good thing to me. Who wouldn’t want to try to prevent a huge oil spill?

18 Likes

”Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.” – Herman Goering

29 Likes

“WE ARE IN THE GAME OF USING COVERT MEANS AGAINST THE IRANIANS”

23 Likes

We have to stop treating the media as separate from the warfare state. They are not. Think of them as the company spokesmen; and that company is the MIC. It’s that simple.

43 Likes

The attempt at: “Manufacturing Consent” (Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman)

17 Likes

When will the American people stop listening to the triad (Bolton, Pompeo, Trump) of big dicks who are apparently attempting to compensate for very small penises?

10 Likes

Wall Street LOVES war.

11 Likes

War means ratings. War means newspapers sold. And all that blood is so very far away from the boardrooms and news desks in America.

18 Likes

NEVER FORGET:
• THIS is how they “Respect” us … & our Constitution.

THIS is the OPPOSITE of DEFENSE!
— This HARMS everyone!
— Defense industries LOVE it.
• I t • i s • a • C R I M E ! •

9 Likes

Those who like to use the symbol of the devil to make moral arguments, are, in this case, the very manifestation of him. Hell on earth.

1 Like

And those semi trucks were mobile chemical weapons labs… remember that whopper?

11 Likes

The talking heads of the corporate state are just doing their jobs, you know, like the staff at Auschwitz.

Peace
Po

24 Likes

We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the US public believes is false.

William_J_Casey

19 Likes

Mehdi Hasan of The Intercept asks, “Do U.S. reporters, anchors, and editors really want more Middle Eastern blood on their hands?”

I ask Mehdi Hasan, “Do you think they give a rat’s ass?”

13 Likes

Wish I could give this one 10 bumps

1 Like

“Japanese Tanker Owner Denies Ship Hit By Mine, Says Crew Saw “Flying Objects” Before Attack”.

Which makes sense if the ships were hit on the Starboard side heading out the Strait. Which means the missiles not mines came from the direction of Saudi Arabia.

20 Likes

Neoliberal CNN is now setting the stage …

2 Likes

It’s been a while since America had an anti-war movement. The time is NOW to build one::

It starts with 1 person and then there are many. We can do that…

21 Likes

Both sections of damage shown on the tanker appear inconsistent with damage from magnetic mines, being so far above the maximum height water line.

4 Likes