Home | About | Donate

'This Attack Clearly Could Constitute a War Crime,' Says UN Envoy After At Least 44 Killed in Bombing of Libyan Migrant Detention Center

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/03/attack-clearly-could-constitute-war-crime-says-un-envoy-after-least-44-killed

2 Likes

If there were any justice in the world, Obama & Hillary would both be forced to wear signs hanging from their necks which read ‘I destroyed Libya & ruined millions of lives for my own personal gain’ for the rest of their respective lives, and those signs would be permanently attached to their gravestones after they die.

4 Likes

If there were any justice in the world most US Presidents since Eisenhower would have been sent to the Hague for War Crimes and Crimes against humanity
Especially that last several

6 Likes

Hello flapadoodle64, You need to stop obsessing on Obama and Hillary and go back to when the US started fucking with Libya. Try starting with Ronald Reagan and then continuing into the present as the leading war criminal around the globe is the US which has committed innumerous war crimes over the last four decades. This was just one more war crime to add to the total number of war crimes. If we weren’t interfering with so many countries around the planet then the world might have a slim chance at peace.

2 Likes

So called “War Crimes” are nothing more than a way for governments and arms dealers to legitimize war.
War itself is the real crime .
If we apply rules to mass murder then we are saying that some forms of killing , theft of resources and destruction are OK, as long as we follow the rules.
Most people , probably not many on this forum , have been duped into accepting the War Crimes Con and are outraged only when the style of killing by a soldier exceeds the international laws for slaughter.
Also, what is called peace , is really just the Absence of War.

2 Likes

This article is leaving out an important detail. The UAE is supplying Hifter with munitions, and American ordnance has been found in Libya among his forces. Thus it is entirely possible that the bombs that hit this miserable camp filled with refugees were made in the good old USA. How can one ask for the US to play a mediating role while this is going on?

4 Likes

You are right about Reagan attacking Libya, but I’m not going to shut up about Obama & Hillary’s crimes until Liberals STFU about how great Obama was & how Hillary lost 2016 because of sexism.

2 Likes

Exactly as planned. When the only ‘viable’ US industry remaining is war machines, the wars must go on!

1 Like

Fair enough. I say that because I will likely never get over the Bush’s.

"“They can no longer turn a blind eye to the inhuman conditions, torture, rape, and other abuse refugees and migrants face, or their failure to support refugees to reach safety by offering sufficient resettlement places,” - Of course in Europe!
But observing how our inner-city situations have changed over the recent years as a consequence of Bush, Obama and Clinton warmongering in the near East and North Africa, especially Libya is simply frightening. We have imported “inhuman conditions, torture, rape” to Europe. In truth, these are American refugees - not European. And in Africa there are some 60 millions more ready to move to Europe. So get them all over to Europe!??? - What a naive and irresponsible solution suggested by those far away from the site. We have to tell African nations to take care and be responsible for their own problems. Colonization is over more than 70 years - they are in charge. They have all the land the resources and people to build their own nations, but they often evict European supporters. And the foremost message should be, if you are producing all those kids YOU have to feed and educate them. NOT Europe. This is part of islamic religion and culture.
And it is a plain lie that all those African people picked up in the Mediterrainian are in danger of drowning. They are deliberately put in simple boats to attract the German NGO-rescue ships. This is a severe form of moral repression. And the criminal migrant helpers are often in direct contact with those NGO ships to ensure to be in place when needed. And in fact, those ships wouldn’t dare to rescue those people back to African shores. They would kill the ship crews.
These are anything but people in need of drowning. They are extremely aggressive people, more than 80% young males. And they have no right to be taken to European shores.

1 Like

That is exactly the mind set of people in high finance and most other business venturing folks. If it’s legal it’s moral. And if you take most of the money out of the equation, they would still go after whatever brass ring that is available. It’s not as much about money as it is about getting to the top, or winning.

Wow…a lot to take. Uhm, well first, you don’t ignore the mass suffering and extermination at a pace and scale flatly and statistically and purposefully crueler and more intentional and evil, and do NOTHING, and expect that to work. That makes you COMPLICIT in Genocide, not war I guess your right. It is wrong to do nothing, and Assad would NOT be in power because no, can I force the parties to not fight a war? Not completely and I shouldn’t try. To say, you can’t stop them from committing systematic extermination, death camp operations, mass executions, gassing etc. is cowardly and bs, and we have lost no US forces to such actions ultimately and…to turn your back and do nothing is, basically insane. Somehow Clinton DID succeed in utilizing force to end the worst atrocities in Europe since the Holocaust and what WOULD have spread out of control and, no, people to don’t have their families slaughtered and talk about peace easily. If nations in coalitions do nothing…to be complaining about the effects it’s has on you later is karma for abdicating humanity, the war in Iraq killed 100,000 roughly according to Iraq Body Count, in a nation of 35 million, now Syria has seen near 700,000. The 600,000 by Assad, and many in camps or mass killings etc. begging the world to bomb them, literally. writing letters of people who died in the camps they smuggled out, and begging for someone to bomb the camps. Idi what it takes but yes, if I KNEW I was going to carry out airstrikes in Syria to stop him, I would in a heartbeat. To turn your back, because you turned your back on Libya…so now we will have massive refugee crisis from BOTH Syria and Libya, and complain about it, with them all hating us for not acting to save people’s lives, and allowing terrorist a place to expand their influence and not be checked from building up. The mistake in Syria repeated. Smart idea. Have no say, complain about the position we’re in. Listen to the people in the ground and their plight, first.