Home | About | Donate

This Blessed Plot, This Earth

This Blessed Plot, This Earth

This week, residents of a village in Russia’s far eastern Kamchatka Peninsula saw this exhausted, emaciated polar bear - a species some consider the poster child for climate change - prowling for food over 500 miles from its native habitat. With the Arctic warming, the ice receding, the seals slowly disappearing and the mindless, greedy cretins-in-charge trying to drill, enraged scientists ask, "At what point are we going to take climate change seriously?"

1 Like

The drillers and the killers consider the massive death of the species and plants of our one and only planet collateral damage which they reckon as Madeline Albright put it “the price is worth it”.

5 Likes

All of them need to be hung for treason

1 Like

The question of when will ‘we’ take climate change seriously should be framed in the context of the great divide, between those who have a singular value at their core, only material ‘wealth’, and the rest of our planet’s human inhabitants for whom there are virtually infinite riches in, and being an engaged part of, our natural world, the source of all life.

The former have always been blinded by their pursuit of monetary enrichment, while the latter have always known, intrinsically, the ultimate value and wonderous beauty of our living planet.

3 Likes

Oh somewhere there must be a rich Texas cattle person with a lot of cattle-----maybe they could drop off entire cattle where the bears are hunting and finding nothing and this action could help to save this species. We had the Berlin Air Lift once to help people in Germany—is there a cattleman or woman somewhere-- or in Montana too, who could drop cows in the Arctic areas and save this polar species??? How about you California as there are parts of CA where the smell of cow is everywhere. I cannot believe that people who could save a species will let them die away. Oh and Coca Cola, you’ve made lots of money by using polar bears in your Christmas ads…how about some money for EASTER ads so that Polar Bears will rise from the nearly dead and SURVIVE? That would make a happy Easter----buy and ship some cows , Coca Cola! NOW!

3 Likes

This is my brother. He is starving to death.

5 Likes

No ice sheet spells the end for seals, penguins and polar bears and other species. At the present rate of warming, loss of habitat, and a long list of other factors, I’d give them 20 years at the most before we see extinction level declines in existing wild populations.
All gone for in the pursuit of human profit and greed.

2 Likes

Certainly like your sentiments but until our non indigenous part of our species comes around to indigenous sentiment and wisdom there will be no permanent help for any of our species.

Will you teach your children what we have taught our children? That the earth is our mother? What befalls the earth befalls all the sons of the earth. This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself. One thing we know: our god is also your god. The earth is precious to him and to harm the earth is to heap contempt on its creator.

Chief Seattle

3 Likes

Maybe we could drop the Koch bros., oil barons, and all the climate change deniers into the bears’ hunting grounds.

2 Likes

Hi Giovanna-Lepore:
Somehow we have to get people in government understand that ALL things are connected, and if 1 link is lost, many more will disappear too. Maybe that is the one positive gift of Climate Change, that if bad things happen world wide, and in enough areas at once —maybe more people and governments will wake up!

1 Like

Some idiots actually want more bad things to happen. That way they can be raptured up to Mars!

The they need to be charged with murder and treason.

Because the insects in our backyard have disappeared, we are feeding the backyard birds. These polar bears may need to be fed as well. Obviously, the low-income residents can’t afford to do this, so governments and animal welfare groups are going to have to feed the bears.

2 Likes

Hi mealouts. In one of Ray Bradbury’s stories, Martians did come to Earth -----after ruining Mars. : (

1 Like

How about being fed to the polar bears? I’d pull the rope on the trap door. Gladly.
Sorry, but this news about what the monster planet-rapists are doing to innocent animals INFURIATES me. Not capital punishment as we know it, but feeding polar bears and wolves is fine with me…

1 Like

I wonder if any of the animal conservation organizations have any ideas or projects like yours in mind. IFAW. WWF. NRDC. Defenders. Center for Biological Diversity. NWF. And many, many more.

Folks, DIVEST. —Chase, JP MORGAN, BANK OF AMERICA, WELL FARGO, Energy Transfer Partners. Y’all add more to this list and get the word out.
BOYCOTT— https://insteading.com/blog/koch-brothers-products/
Add more to the list and pass the word.
Download Buycott App to your phone. I love it.

I don’t have that kind of phone or service. Yes, support the animals rights and environmental organizations such as Humane Society, and support humane ed in the schools and the towns. Just getting emotional and making statements unfortunately like feeding them to the polar bears is not going to cut it. Support negative population “growth” of humans, to start with, and do not support any business including a bank that is not environmentally friendly. I honestly do not know of definite solutions, and that is what is frustrating. However, we know that just being emotional does not cut it.

Thank you for your support of the wonderful animals!