Home | About | Donate

'This Chart, Holy Sh*t': Analysis Shows More Workers Filed for Unemployment Last Week Than Any Other in US History

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/24/chart-holy-sht-analysis-shows-more-workers-filed-unemployment-last-week-any-other-us

2 Likes

And that’s just the people who managed to get through to their unemployment office. The phone lines were so jammed that lots of people weren’t able to get through.

3 Likes

See this too…

ttps://www.marketwatch.com/story/unemployment-could-reach-30-in-the-us-says-st-louis-feds-bullard-2020-03-22

1 Like

Also due to social distancing rules, some unemployment offices aren’t seeing applicants face-to-face but rather are taking applications remotely, either electronically, by phone or mail.

3 Likes

And just to be clear, many states employment commissions have been asked by the federal government to NOT release their unemployment numbers.
Of course, I’m very certain that the real number of infections and deaths are being underreported as well, just as they were in China, and are currently being in other countries like India, Brazil and Russia.
We will only know the full extent of this after the collapse. And of course, it will be way too late by then.

4 Likes

No worries. Dow up 1700. Economy fixed!

4 Likes

Trump has to get reelected. If he doesn’t, the neocons can’t have their war in the Mideast. Therefore, Trump wants the US economy up and running in weeks instead of months.

It takes between six and eight months for big changes to work their way into the economy. Unless Trump can turn things around by June, his election chances are cooked. Trouble is, God is running things around here. And, Trump can’t give a rat’s ass about public health.

Sweet dreams d dump.

1 Like

Just wait till the unemployment figures get released on Thursday and they’ll be puking again.

1 Like

I don’t care if it’s trump’s fault or not, and I’m not saying it wasn’t his doing, but the unemployment score needs to be at the top of his resume’

In addition to the official unemployment figures, are the millions of people in the gig economy who have lost jobs that cannot even apply for unemployment.

2 Likes