Home | About | Donate

This College Student Chained Herself to a Shell Oil Ship for Three Days. Here’s Why

This College Student Chained Herself to a Shell Oil Ship for Three Days. Here’s Why.

Araz Hachadourian

Chiara Rose, a 20-year-old student at Western Washington University, set out into the Port of Bellingham, Washington, on a small boat on the night of Friday, May 22. She paddled through choppy waves until she reached the anchor of a ship, and then jumped onto the chain. She fitted a hook through the links, dangled a harness down, and pulled herself up.

“I thought to myself, ‘Oh my god, I actually did it!’” Rose said. “I’m actually on the chain!”

No leader. All leaders.

Decentralized Direct Democracy.

Didn't Chiara hear Obama tell us that Shell will have an environmentally sound Arctic operation when he approved the drilling ?

Thankyou Araz,

for you heroic efforts which may have succeeded in delaying those who would destroy the world for profit.
I cannot match your efforts, but I can salute them, If many would emulate your effort, putting what is right before their own interests, then destruction of the world for the sake of short term profit could be brought to a halt.