Home | About | Donate

This Election Is Hillary Clinton’s to Lose, and She’s Screwing It Up

This Election Is Hillary Clinton’s to Lose, and She’s Screwing It Up

Sonali Kolhatkar

You could not pick a worse, more inept, inexperienced or offensive joke of a presidential candidate than Donald Trump. The United States has become the butt of international ridicule over our very own “Kim Jong-Un.” Any candidate running against Trump from the opposing major party with a pulse ought to be beating him in the polls by double digits. But Hillary Clinton isn’t.

The Clintonites are absolutely positive that Hillary will win in November. So that's off the table.
What scares the Clintonites to death is that after she wins she won't be able to govern.
That's where Jill Stein comes in. The more votes for Stein the fewer votes for Hillary.
With only 46 or 47% of the popular vote Hillary is dead in the water. She has no mandate to do anything.

It is vital that every Progressive vote for Jill Stein if we want to short-circuit Hillary's plans and stop her in her tracks.

She must be fairly confident those who control the voting machinery aren't going to let her lose. And Trump, as is all too obvious, must not really want to win. So Clinton it is.

Trump began carrying the Clinton's water long ago.
In 2008, for example, he jumped onto the Clinton "birther" bandwagon.
Hillary wanted Obama out of the race. In the spring of 2008 some as yet to be revealed Clintonite questioned Obama's citizenship in a piece published in the Telegraph in the UKingdom.
Trump has pounded that drum ever since. And Hillary uses it against him and every other Republican as often as possible.
Good job Donald!

Will the real Hillary Clinton please stand up?

This is what we and the rest of the country are seeing and, frankly, I think it's a good thing, certainly more accurate than her ridiculous "I am a progressive that gets things done" pose. Those who vote for her now do so knowing full well what she is. No more hiding behind Hillary, the progressive, nonsense.

As the author closes with "If Clinton loses this election, it will not be because Americans are dumb, racist misogynists who would cut off their noses to spite their faces in refusing to elect a sane woman over an insane man. It will not be because too many Americans “selfishly” voted for a third party or didn’t vote at all." we believe she arrives at the wrong conclusion.
It will be because folks have finally decided to stop being chumps, for only a chump would continue to vote for and enable those who perpetually act against their interests. The Democratic complacency has to be disrupted.
They need to understand that voters will no longer be intimidated by fear tactics to vote for candidates who'll continue to act against the best interests of the greater population. A similar situation prevailed some fifty years ago as Democrats continued, then, to pay lip-service to the civil rights movement. Blacks received sound advice at that time:

"The government itself has failed us, and the White Liberals who have been posing as our friends have failed us. Once we see that all these other sources to which we have turned have failed, we stop turning to them and start turning to ourselves.

You are the ones who sent Kennedy to Washington. You’re the ones who put the present Democratic administration in Washington, D.C. The Whites were evenly divided. It was the fact that you threw 80% of your votes behind the Democrats that put the Democrats in the White House. When you see this, you can see that the Negro vote is the key factor. And despite the fact that you are in a position to be the determining factor, what do you get out of it?

Democrats have been in Washington, D.C. only because of the Negro vote. They’ve been down there 4 years and all the legislation they wanted to bring up they brought up and got it out of the way, and now they bring up you. You put them first and they put you last, cause you are a chump (huge applause). A political chump.

In Washington, D.C. in the House of Representatives there are 257 who are Democrats. Only 177 are Republican. In the Senate there are 67 Democrats, only 33 are Republicans. The Party that you backed, controls two-thirds of the House of Representatives and the Senate and still they can’t keep their promise to you, ’cause you’re a chump.

Anytime you throw your political weight behind a political Party that controls two-thirds of the government and that Party can’t keep the promises it made to you during election time, and you are dumb enough to walk around and identify yourself with that Party, you are not only a chump but you are a traitor to your race." Malcolm X, from The Ballot of the Bullet

Now the situation we face today is similar, yet has expanded beyond race and has now become one of socioeconomic status. The words Malcolm addressed then to Blacks now well apply to most of us outside the .001%.
To continue to throw our political weight behind political parties that control the government and fail to keep the promises they make during election time, and we are dumb enough to walk around and identify with those parties, we are not only chumps but are traitors to our nation and the legacy we pass on to our decedents. The planet is in grave condition. We are running out of time to persist with this status quo. We can not afford to elect candidates who will not absolutely commit to addressing climate change, and who will not absolutely commit to an end of militarism.

“I stand between you and the apocalypse.”

That's as may be, but when she causes WW3 she will be hiding in her bunker.

Woo-hoo! Great analysis and commentary by Kolhatkar.

Hillary no doubt has reason to believe that the election will be rigged for her, just as the nomination was.

Here's the best explanation I've seen of why we should all vote for Jill Stein: http://www.narvinsingh.com/choose-no-evil-the-case-for-jill-stein/

Great post!

"Any candidate running against Trump from the opposing major party with a pulse ought to be beating him in the polls by double digits. But Hillary Clinton isn’t."

The 1% thought they could sell Clinton the way Bush's Junta hired Karen Hughes' P.R. firm to sell war to the Iraqis: "Pay no attention to those soldiers kicking down your doors or the local schools being bombed back to the Stone Age. It's all good!"

The early polls made it CLEAR that Bernie Sanders would win against Trump quite easily.

But the 1% refused to LET The People HAVE their chosen candidate.

So Hillary tried to talk like Sanders, but it never held (for most) since an individual cannot both take vast sums from banks & Wall St. & corporations and then talk about all the ways she will better serve The People.

This election has been force-fed and stage-managed BADLY from the get-go.

And some in this forum seem to think Trump is a decent choice.

The real assault on Democracy comes from the way Hillary's nomination was established using fraud that never was seen as anything else... except by true believers and old-school Democratic loyalists.

If the DLC had any sense at all, it would declare that due to health problems, Mrs. Clinton is taking a sabbatical and INSTALL Sanders tout suite.

Hillary's goal is to become the first elected woman president in US history.
After she accomplishes that none of us should be surprised if she resigns due to health issues and Kaine becomes the president.
Or not if she wins by a landslide.
We must not allow Hillary to get more then 47% of the vote.

This may well be the evolution of articles beating us over the head that we must vote for Hillary - or else. Every poll of likely Electoral College outcomes (what really counts in this election), shows Clinton absolutely crushing Trump - getting well over 300 electoral votes. According to those polls, it's over, there are no swing electoral states, it's only a matter of how much she runs the electoral table by. So, the real, unspoken effort here on the part of the Democratic establishment is to prevent progressive, pissed-off Sanders supporters (like me) from continuing to back the Green Party, and bow to the pressure to once again hold their noses and vote for Hillary. Not going to work this time MoFos. The only way we are ever going to get a truly competitive political system in this country is for parties like the Greens to get enough votes in Presidential elections to gain regular ballot access and federal matching funds. That is something the two corporate parties absolutely do not want to happen, but must happen this year. We are so close to getting the Greens to the magic 5% number. Do not listen to the scare tactics from the establishment. The Greens are not going to make Trump President. Vote your conscience wherever you live and support the Green Party ticket and help them become a viable alternative for 2020 and beyond. #NeverHillary. Stein/Baraka 2016!

I am about as representative of the "progressive" electorate as a fish represents a bird, but still... I don't think that I can vote for Clinton; and of course Trump is even more impossible (a second rate butcher trying to dress as a doctor -- brain surgery with a meat cleaver). I really don't want Clinton to be president and I really really really X10 don't want Trump to be president. Maybe I'll just tend my garden and cut firewood for the rest of my life.

Vote 'for' Jill Stein and 'against' every incumbent down-ballot.
Then go tend your garden with a clear conscience.

A very important court ruling is coming up in Minnesota that nobody seems to be paying attention to. In particular, it appears that the Republicans didn't follow the rules in getting Trump on the ballot there and he may actually get kicked off! That will leave only Clinton, Stein, and Johnson on the Minnesota ballot and could be a great state for Stein to get a lot of votes.

Huh? Are you suggesting that if Trump isn't on the ballot his voters will switch to Stein?

Thanks for telling us about this. I am disgusted that the Smithsonian could sink so low as to "honor" this appalling female with such an award. Also, remember that Albright said not long ago that women who do not support Clinton in this election deserve to go to hell. What utter bullshit but I can think of one woman who richly deserves to go to hell.

A few and also lots of Clinton-as-second-choice voters will vote for Stein because they won't be worried about any spoiler effect what-so-ever. Basically, it will change the dynamics of the race in Minnesota entirely. In a three way race Stein may well get 25% and that will help quite a lot in trying to get to 5% nationally.

I do hope this author rethinks her previous suggestion that Sanders voters that do not support Clinton are being petulant Children and need to get on board with Ms Clinton.

The fact is this. Just as Trump is seen as a joke around the World, Ms Clinton is seen as corrupt. Many in the USA , the vast majority in fact , do not want Ms Clinton as president and it not because she female.

She is a terrible choice and the choice for her to be nominated as the democratic candidate, was not made by the people, it was made by the one percent and foisted on them.

The negative reaction to this is understandable.