Home | About | Donate

'This Election Is Last Chance to Stop Them': Kudlow Confirms Trump and GOP Ready to Gut Safety Net After Midterms

'This Election Is Last Chance to Stop Them': Kudlow Confirms Trump and GOP Ready to Gut Safety Net After Midterms

Jake Johnson, staff writer

As the GOP plows ahead with another round of budget-exploding tax cuts for the rich just before the crucial 2018 midterms, President Donald Trump's top economic adviser and former television personality Larry Kudlow confirmed on Monday that the White House will push for cuts to life-saving safety net programs like Medicare and Social Security if the GOP retains control of Congre

7 Likes

Well jeepers, let me put it this way : should they decide to decimate the ONLY thing positive that retirees have to get thru this hideous economy NOT designed for anyone on fixed incomes I will predict a massive uprising; there is only so much that WE are wiling to swallow. So let them try, and maybe all the guns they have allowed for years to soak our society might just come in handy for a change.

12 Likes

How long will people buy Republican lies?
American civilization an irrational oxymoron?

7 Likes

The Republicans want to kill the safety net quickly, while the Democrats will do it slowly. Just a few years ago we must remember Obama’s position of supporting the chained CPI and the Bowles-Simpson commission. Unless there is a radical change in our government, which is unlikely, we older people are screwed with either of these two major parties.

11 Likes

Hillary supported the Catfood Commission framework, too:

8 Likes

Maybe I’m naive but intuition tells me trumps agenda might be seriously disrupted in November. lots of fed up people now. Just wish America had a Real hero, someone to truly believe in and alternatively someone who believed in America’s people enough to help them up, all of them. with God willing, this will make America great again.

3 Likes

It’s not a party. It’s a plague…that we are required to take seriously.

6 Likes

Fight the rightwing nutjobs with words and they call you a communist. Both sides are organized crime pretending to differ. Predatory capitalism is organized crime, the true cancer in America. Trump is a pedophile mafia thief, looking at his past associations reveal him to be a devious piece of subhuman trash. President? What an evil joke foisted on humankind and nature. This entire system is corrupted beyond full comprehension, way worse than the majority can imagine.

8 Likes

May I proffer an answer? Dan uses “Democrat” instead of “Democratic.” That is usually a giveaway that the commenter is not a Democrat.
That aside, the rhetorical question is: since both parties continually sell us out, just what are going to/allowed to do about it?

2 Likes

Begging to differ on your characterization of Dan.

3 Likes

Thanks, Holygeezer. I always enjoy the very prescient words of George Carlin, who was perhaps the most honest entertainer ever.

3 Likes

Absolutely!

The time is fast approaching for massive protests and non-cooperation.

6 Likes

Here is a deal: Let them eliminate ALL taxes but give everyone a $3,000/mo. Universal Basic Income. That’s twice the poverty level of $15,000/yr.

Giving our tax dollars to politicians to squander is dangerous and counterproductive. Who needs 300 sold out politicians when We the People, 300 million of us, are the government? When we can propose and vote on laws securely with Blockchain on our cellphones.

Studies show that all the people make better decisions than representatives in referendums. Why place our fate in a handful of corrupt politicians in DC? Our collective decisions include the most benefits for everyone, not just a handful of bankers and corporations.

2 Likes

Exactly. Somebody who was paying attention.

1 Like

Of course she did. And her answer Single Payer was to screech “it will never happen.”

5 Likes

OK. How do you see us gearing up for that revolution?

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I worked in public relations for some time. The Owners pay close attention to semantics, even though their efforts may go unnoticed.

1 Like

Until the American education system is improved and people are more concerned about something other than putting food on the table and scratching out a meager existence.

3 Likes

That implies that calls for revolution will not, unfortunately, shift anything. We could start with a general strike, as you suggest. I think that anything beyond that will be met with, shall we say, fierce resistance.

1 Like

Edward Abbey called it, whenever exasperated with society, “syphilization”.

6 Likes