Home | About | Donate

'This Exchange Cuts to the Heart of Our Crisis': Watch DNC Chair Hide Behind Party Rules to Argue Against Climate-Focused Debate

Sorry - Perez has his ego to defend and after all - he is representing the corporate interests who have no interest in “going there” so to speak. Who are we going to let control what happens - ego and power driven people like Perez and Pelosi or the future of our children, their children and that of the whole human race? It is way past time that these obstructionists get out of the way and let us have some real hope.

4 Likes

Thanks Obama for pushing this worthless corporate stooge as DNC head!

4 Likes

If the threat from fringe parties is so strong, why isn’t Perez interested in earning the votes of the upcoming generation (and hippies like me) by demonstrating that his party leads on an important issue?

Oh, now I remember: because they don’t actually lead on important issues.

5 Likes

I was 13 in 1980. I didn’t get smart enough to stop voting for Democrats until 2004. It’s horrifying to learn how long this pattern has been repeating without most people catching on. I think our best hope may be for young people to use the Internet to get smart decades faster than I did.

4 Likes

I can’t tell most of the time if people are talking about the dems as a single group, the leadership, or the voters. It is not a singularity.
We need to be specific about who, what bill, what cause, etc. Generalities are not worth much in the translation.
I want to see the young people join with us old hippies too.
What we don’t seem to have are common sense leaders. EXAMPLE: Jesse Ventura, Arnold - “Ill be back,” or hard nosed politicians like sen. Edward Kennedy.
I think Bernie is as close as we are going to get for a while.

1 Like

Ralph Nader’s latest radio show included (2nd half) former NRC commissioner, Peter Bradford, rebutting recent op-eds that promote nuclear power. (1st half is about hemp.)

2 Likes

And Bernie will offer up solidly practical, liberal policy.
And the d-party establishment will reject it.
And Bernie will be defeated by an establishment(corporate)-friendly candidate like Kamala Harris.
And Bernie will back her even as she sheds any and all liberal stances to attract big money donors.
And Harris will lose to Trump.
And you’ll blame us Bernie Bros and Jill Steinistas.
Just like you pretty much did in comment #24 above.
Which is fine by me.

3 Likes

If someone breaks into your house and smashes that crystal ball you are using, I might know who it was. Peace. Go Bernie go.

3 Likes

Cash burns faster than humans. They & their ilk have so much more to lose. That’s why they are stuck in denial, the first stage of grief.

1 Like

YUP!
You can tallk all you want about … “Reforming” the Democratic Party.

With all their money & connections, the DNC crowd has avoided change for DECADES. Progressive Dems ALWAS lose to the bankers & such.

Tremendous time & $$ has been WASTED on these efforts. Big $ always wins.
— Look what they did to BERNIE in '16 & what they’re doing NOW …“super”-delegates … HA! The Dem Elites sdo NOT admit losing. They’ll do ANYTHiNG to please their Masters They do not trust PEOPLE. They HIDE from democracy…

It aint’t great, BUT LEAVING with a small chance is better than REMAINING … with NO chance!!!

1 Like

Hey Tank, you Hippie,

You’re one for a good read. Try this…

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/06/13/manufacturing-coma/

From a Friendly Freak.

3 Likes

Keith Ellison. That’s all I’m sayin’

As politely as possible, rubbish. The list of those “willing to have trump” has to start with Hillary Rottenhams and the DNC, who in their hubris aided and abetted him as the easiest candidate to beat.

As to voting “their conscience,” at least I vote (and thanks for conceding that I might HAVE a conscience; not everyone with your mindset is so generous). The clear winner in 2016 was “none of the above.” If your party is so wonderful, sell it to the stay-at-homes, and lay off badgering those of us who clearly understand the catastrophic consequences of lesser-evilism.

1 Like

The Dem party seems intent on proving they are not the party we need, unless we can outbid Wall Stteet. Our problem is that the Electoral College allows only two parties in presidential elections, which was the path in for the GOP in the 1860 election. Elizabeth Warren, at least, is running in part on eliminating the Electoral College, which should be a bottom line for progressives, allowing other parties a seat at the table. The EC is the stranglehold on the 2 party system.

2 Likes

It strikes me that Perez has two handicaps. His main job is to raise money to keep the party candidates in office and since he owes his job to BIG money Zionists, to keep their agenda on top of everything else. The Zionist agenda puts EVERYTHING second or to serve what the far right wants for Israel. Even the climate. So, he can never TALK about the Israel agenda or even mention Israel. But, he always has to put their agenda first, even in our domestic policies, Israel doesn’t want us squandering their money on our domestic social needs. That money has to be available to fight Israel’s wars.