Home | About | Donate

This Girl Is On Fire

This Girl Is On Fire

Talk about your welcome sea change. After suffering through eight years of a racist, dimwitted, bellicose mini-Trump, Mainers celebrated the swearing-in of our new governor Janet Mills, a smart, competent Democrat who promises to expand health coverage and fight climate change. The icing on her inaugural cake: The two immigrant girls who brought down the house singing "Girl On Fire." Mills was right on: It is in fact a "brand new day," and about time.

I am not so cynical as to believe that Janet Mills is not the genuine article. The best to the people of Maine and lets hope Ms Mills truly does spark a sea change in that state. We need all the compassion for others we can get.

I’ve visited Maine several times and like it there a lot. My best wishes and congratulations on that appalling POS LePage being gone. He really was the “mini-Trump” and Maine deserved much, much better. I hope that Governor Mills can achieve her policy objectives and Mainers can look forward to a Democratic leader who believes in a humanistic government without the rancor and abject stupidity of the last 8 years.

I am so happy for all of you in Maine! May your spirit inspire the nation!

For us all:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrC_DMRky9coDYAKlgPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Song+Age+of+Aquarius&fr=yhs-domaindev-st_emea&hspart=domaindev&hsimp=yhs-st_emea#id=1&vid=58849627c9404c4ea7cec58a1a282e77&action=view

So strange. I had not heard this song for years and one morning just last week woke up after having had a dream where I was listening to it. The song was in my head all day and I even did internet searches to see exactly WHEN the age of Aquariius starts officially.

Unfortunately there no agreed upon date but I have to say I really miss those years and the positive vibe that was out there among the youth. I have no children myself but I do wish the same for the youth of today. Make it better.

This girl is not on fire.

“We’re going to impeach this mother fuc*er”

Rashida Tlaib

THAT’S on fire!

That was the best video of a governor win I’ve ever seen! That was wonderful and I love how kids of the FUTURE were singing! A new governor and a female who sounds wonderful and she’s for the People, all of the People. It was time to turn LePage on a really bad book. : )

I live in Maine. I am not celebrating Janet Mills as the first female governor of the whitest state in the country. I am horrified at the tokenism of using African-American immigrant girls at her inauguration. Mills has waged an all-out war against indigenous people (called Wabanaki in Maine) for all the years that she was Attorney General. Her first act as attorney general was to permanently shut down the office of civil rights. She has defended industrial pollution of the rivers of Maine, that are supposed to be protected under treaty rights that Mills fought hard to violate. Mills is horribly racist against indigenous people. Mills is a liar. Mills is a champion at protecting polluters instead of protecting the environment. The six other Democrats who ran campaigns to be the Democratic candidate for governor (including wonderful, truly inspiring women) all disagreed with Mills’ terrible mishandling of relations with the tribes, and with pollution of the environment. We can not eat fish from the river or seafood from the mouth of the river because of toxic mercury levels, made possible by politicians like Janet Mills. No celebration here. Don’t be fooled. No cause for celebration.

You would certainly know more about the real Janet Mills then I would.

Sounds like a better Alicia Keys song to serenade Maine voters would have been:

Here are the lyrics–We are at the dawning of this age so there is still a spill over of the difficult Piscenean Age, at least this is my understanding and looking out at the world it appears as so.

The 5th Dimension

When the moon is in the Seventh House

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

Age of Aquarius

Aquarius

Aquarius

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derisions

Golden living dreams of visions

Mystic crystal revelation

And the mind’s true liberation

Aquarius

Aquarius

When the moon is in the Seventh House

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

Age of Aquarius

Aquarius

Aquarius

Aquarius

Aquarius

Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in

Oh, let it shine, c’mon

Now everybody just sing along

Let the sun shine in

Open up your heart and let it shine on in

When you are lonely, let it shine on

Got to open up your heart and let it shine on in

And when you feel like you’ve been mistreated

And your friends turn away

Just open your heart, and shine it on in

Thanks for the information–when is her tenure up? First Nation People are all too often treated as invisible.

Dear CFM, So far, after searching the internet, I cannot find any substantiation for your claims. On the contrary, I see Mills’ support of civil rights and reasonable policies with Native Americans. Perhaps I haven’t looked deep enough. Could you please provide links to documents that support what you’re saying? Thank you.

A welcome first step, but we need to stay behind this gal full throttle. She has a crap load of stuff to undo. I live in Caribou and we need to question our undying and total love of Susan Collins. She also has a really entrenched and arcane house of Reps.

Beautiful song as well as melody, BUT it needs teeth… We will have to get our hands dirty and muscles sore. Democracy isn’t free or easy. It got us Lepage and Trump.