Home | About | Donate

'This Is a Big Deal': Warren Vows to Ban New Leases for Fossil Fuel Drilling Offshore and on Public Lands

'This Is a Big Deal': Warren Vows to Ban New Leases for Fossil Fuel Drilling Offshore and on Public Lands

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Environmental activists and advocacy groups praised Sen. Elizabeth Warren Monday after she promised that if she is elected president in 2020, she will ban new fossil fuel extraction leases for federally controlled lands and waters.

2 Likes

Democrats have some decent people running , to bad that Biden wants to stink it up.

4 Likes

What does Mayor Pete Buttigieg have to say about his environmental protection policies if he’s elected? Oh that’s right, he doesn’t HAVE any policies. Or at least he’s not willing to share them with us little people. But he’s “really smart!” I guess he’s smart enough to not let on that he’ll keep the fossil fuel industry alive and well until it’s too late to save the world. I bet he’ll also keep the war profiteers happy and keep funneling money to Israel.

I guess he IS smart. At least a lot smarter than the folks getting suckered in by the cool, young man who says all the right things to make you “like” him, but refuses to commit on the big issues we should be basing our votes on.

Identity politics suck.

4 Likes

Another good idea from Liz! Wonder how she’ll get Pelosi, Schumer and the corporate Dems to go along with it. Those bribes don’t grow on trees ya know.

5 Likes

Expect Tucker Carlson to interview Trump on this. 45 will be wearing a hard hat (probably MAGA), his mouth will be agape (along with Tucker’s, of course) with his uvula quivering. “Pocahontas wants to kill jobs. BAD INJUN!,” he will scream.

1 Like

Agree, but not just Biden. If the count is correct, there are 15 candidates at this point. All but maybe 3 have no chance but they’re in there. Why? I asked this question a couple of weeks ago. I finally figured it out - I’m a little slow on the uptake.

With approximately 15 Candidates at the convention, all with their own delegates voting for them There is NO WAY that ANYONE of them will win on the first ballot. That kicks in the Super Delegates and we are right back where we always were - Lobbyists and the Party Elite choosing the Candidate. and pretending that it’s not rigged.

I hope, when that happens, and it will, that Bernie decides to launch his 3rd Party (If it’s not too late at that point.)
I will work for Bernie and send him $$ but I have a terrible feeling about this.
Anyone what to talk me off the ledge?

4 Likes

"Ban the Drill, Hell, Let’s Ban the Bomb."

3 Likes

Now there is an idea whose time had come during the Carter Administration. The earth was ready then but the money wasn’t, and has yet to join the fray. This needs to become a practical answer.

4 Likes

I thought that the SDs were DXed.

0 Likes

ONLY for the first ballot. If there is a second ballot they release the Kraken. That was the DNC 3rd way crowds concession and “penance” for what they did last time.

Anyone think there will only be 1 ballot with 15 (maybe more) candidates?

2 Likes

Once again it will be the super delegates that steal the primary.

2 Likes

That is the way it’s shaping up in my mind. I hope Bernie has a plan for countering it.

2 Likes

he learned well from Obama, same with Beto.

1 Like

I’m afraid that Bernie will campaign just as hard for Biden as he did for the Queen.

2 Likes

Biden is an imbecile with a malformed head.

0 Likes

He campaigned for CLinton because that was the agreement they made. I suspect that he was required to make the same deal this time.
I’m still pissed that he didn’t launch a 3rd party. THis was a once in a lifetime change. probably gone now.

2 Likes

Yep , he should have done it and I think he would have won, I think he would campaign for Biden because of his hatred for tRump, plus he is the Energizer Bunny he is alway pushing his Ideas, and Biden would have to change to a progressive stance, but people won’t buy it and he’ll loose to Pence.

0 Likes

Gay Obama

0 Likes

Warren was a no show/no comment when the water protectors were fighting DAPL and only came off the fence when it didn’t matter. I’d like to think she has evolved on the fossil fuel/fracking issue but I’m leery. More fracking pipeline was laid under Obama’s watch then ever in history so it’s not like Democrats have been shy about taking fossil fuel lucre.

1 Like

19 Democratic candidates so far. I’ve heard that there is a limit of only 20 candidates in the televised debates:

Cory Booker (D)
Pete Buttigieg (D)
Julian Castro (D)
John Delaney (D)
Tulsi Gabbard (D)
Kirsten Gillibrand (D)
Mike Gravel (D)
Kamala Harris (D)
John Hickenlooper (D)
Jay Inslee (D)
Amy Klobuchar (D)
Wayne Messam (D)