Home | About | Donate

This Is a Cave, Not a Wall': After 35 Days Trump Agrees to End Shutdown by Signing Deal Made Before Christmas

This Is a Cave, Not a Wall': After 35 Days Trump Agrees to End Shutdown by Signing Deal Made Before Christmas

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

This is a breaking story and may be updated.

"This is a cave, not a wall," said the Working Families Party after President Donald Trump announced on Friday a deal to temporarily end the 35-day government shutdown over his demand for a border wall.

0 Likes

‘Holding (someone) hostage is punishable by confinement by the division of correction for life.’
He and his cabal held the nation hostage for 35 days.

15 Likes

Pelosi showed great leadership on this issue. She kept her caucus in line, stayed focused on the big picture (even when some members got both-sidesy), and deserves credit for the pressure she placed on McConnell and Trump.

11 Likes

Concerning anymore government shutdowns: the Emancipation Proclamation ended slavery … what our elected terrorists have done is nothing short of making SLAVES out of our government workers! PROSECUTE to the FULL EXTENT of the law ALL elected terrorists who did NOTHING over the last month!

15 Likes

Too bad she can’t muster the same leadership to stand up to Trump while he is trying to overthrow the government in Venezuela.

32 Likes

Confront a bully and he will always back down.

6 Likes

Or throw her weight behind a clean medicare for all and green new deal bills. But of course that would go against the will of her corporate masters.

27 Likes

Listening to Trump’s speech was illuminating. I had never before heard that ignorant clown speak; I figured this would be an interesting opportunity. What an astonishing ejaculation of silly blabber. To think that almost half the American People, and well over sixty percent of the “white” American People fell for this illiterate ignorant idiot.
If this isn’t proof that the US is a White Trash nation, what is it? Trump makes the likes of Maduro or Al Capone sound like distinguished men of letters.
Americans of all stripes should be ashamed of what they have done, but they don’t seem to have the faintest awareness of their reality. In his infantile little speech, Trump struck me as a diminished Hitler devoid of any trace of literacy (unlike Trump, Hitler could read and write, not very well, but well enough.) What a shame.

5 Likes

This Trump capitulation will leave the Trumpster fans, who are still out there in CD LAND from 2016, no other choice than to draft Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh as their alternative ticket to The Duopoly.
Let the battle begin!!! :):):):slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is how incompetent this treasonous bastard is. Oh…I forgot…he’s one of the best presidents ever! Idiot…

3 Likes

A perfect time to get rid of this Criminal is Now!

6 Likes

Fatso Limbaugh as President. Even more Blue-Collar-Trashy than Trump. More American impossible. Reagan will turn in his grave, green with envy.

0 Likes

The turnout eligible voters in 2016 in the USA was 58.1%, and Trump did lose the popular vote. Unfortunately, you’re still right, this is a problem.

3 Likes

“He and his cabal held the nation hostage for 35 days.”
You forget that “the nation” elected Trump “precisely” because he was willing to hold “the nation” hostage. “The nation” is not made up of very smart folks.

2 Likes

To properly interpret the popular vote fractions, you must adjust for the Electoral College composition. If you do that, Trump won the popular vote by a large percentage. If you further adjust by race, Trump won the white popular vote by a huge margin (if I remember correctly, well over 80% - but to get at this number you have to do both adjustments).

2 Likes

I suppose you are referring to Trump. He is not one of the best ever, he is one of the worst. But he is the one who most accurately represents the ignorant racist good-for-nothing White American People. Of that there is no doubt.

3 Likes

Haha…haha…haha…
Must be nice to live in a secluded alternate dream devoid of REALITY

9 Likes

Yes, Monckton. He is the worst. If you read my post, you would see that I was being sarcastic. Peace!

0 Likes

She just got him to put 800,000 people back to work and thousands of contractors as well. She deserves credit for her leadership, whatever you think about another situation, which I suspect you don’t think very much about anyway.

3 Likes

Federal workers, including the Secret Service, should put Trump on notice: If he pulls this crap again they’re not going to show up for work.

11 Likes