Home | About | Donate

'This Is a Dangerous Game': Iran Tells US and UK to Leave Gulf Region Immediately as Tensions Soar

This might shed some light on their stupidity:

It looks like TPTB would like nothing better than a Golf of Tonkin incident.
We should ask ourselves, before admonishing Iran, what would we do if foreign war ships were hanging out just outside of the U.S. boundary water?

5 Likes

I very rarely do, but you know who I am referring to - poetic license ya know. Peace

1 Like

I like how the British claim they are there to ensure “Freedom of Navigation” just a few days after they seized an Iranian vessel on the High seas via an act of piracy. Typical nonsense out of the UK where different rules apply to the old Colonial nations and their “subject” nations.

Meanwhile Trump has called for a coalition of countries to deploy Naval vessels to seize other iranian ships on the high seas. Freedoms just another word for “you got to be white to have it”.

6 Likes

Typical hypocracy.

2 Likes

The American people have been fed so much BS and propaganda about " national interests" when nothing could be further from the truth! There is nothing national about it, that is Orwellian doublespeak. The truth is it is not our national interests, but the vested,economic, interests of the economic,elite.

6 Likes

Well as far as the US Government is concerned the 1 percent IS the Nation.

2 Likes

War profiteers like George Friedman preach that war is our natural state, so we must prepare to kill each other. After all, we’ve had war since we came down from the trees so peace is not possible, though it’s said everything is. In fact, peace could separate humans from warring beasts.

For the sake of natural selection we could have sports and games of wit instead of bloody warfare. We could end the inequality and overpopulation at the root of most conflict. That’s adaptation.

This could take years of evolution if conservatives don’t succeed in destroying us all first.

2 Likes

Just to show that it other members of that "force for peace " EU involved in spreading conflict, France admits that missiles found at a base in Libya belonging to strongman Haftar were in fact French missiles. The Brits, The French and the US are destabilizing these countries deliberately to create conflict then citing that conflict to justify intervention and a wider military engagement.

A “force for peace” my ass. The same European nations that have been doing this for 100 plus years are STILL involved and it not about “democracy or freedom” It about controlling those Countries resources.

3 Likes

The Brits are Twits. Once the greatest empire on earth they’re now nothing but lap dogs for anything the US wants to do no matter how sordid. What a bunch of weepy wimps. Once a country where the sun never set on their empire they’re now pulling in their drawbridges as they withdraw from Europe and hunker down on their little Island. Even Northern Ireland now so disrespects them that they kick sand in their face. What’s worse is they’re about to select as their Prime Minister, a man who mirrors Donald Trump, arguably the worse leader in the whole world. First there was Tony Blair sitting on Bush’s lap Britain was dragged into lying about Iraq. Now the Brits (Twits) are sending their warships into the gulf to help America foment another war. Yes, they may have given us the Beatles, New Wave, and Adele but other than that it’s a country full of losers.

5 Likes

From the following article:
‘Powerful voices in the European ruling class are demanding Europe back a US war drive against Iran.’

Shame on you, Europe!

4 Likes

Here’s another take on the so called tanker seizure from Moon Over Alabama with some very interesting non-reported questionable issues not covered in the CD story but covered by the Marine Traffic Report:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51897.htm

2 Likes

Malachy McCourt says that’s because God didn’t trust the Brits in the dark.

4 Likes

The world has completely and totally failed to cut back on the extraction and burning of fossil fuels since formally formulating the same as an absolute requirement in the Kyoto protocols of 25 - 30 years ago. Since we are unable to make the necessary choices to save ourselves, perhaps we should welcome Iran’s sinking a few ships in the Straits of Hormuz and immediately reducing the world’s oil consumption by 30%. The ensuing collapse of the global economy would reduce it even further.

Failure to take the logical option when offered means that Nature will impose a much more brutal one down the road. We can bet our lives on it - we already have.

5 Likes

True. And when we are told because of " NATIONAL SECURITY" it has nothing to do with OUR SECURITY and everything to do with THEIR ( the 1%) SECURiTY!

2 Likes

This policy, which shows that the EU powers are fundamentally no less predatory than Washington, also exposes the bankruptcy of illusions that workers can rely on rival capitalist powers to restrain Washington from a new, even greater bloodbath. Desperate to seize their share of the plunder, and to continue shoveling hundreds of billions of euros into military budgets despite mounting strikes and protests, the EU powers do not oppose US wars. They respond to US pressure by intensifying their drive to remilitarize and repress protest against austerity and militarism at home.

Yep. I support the position of the WSWS as it regards the EU over that if those claiming it an orgnaization promoting peace and human rights. It just another Empire , the Countires joining in Union so as to compete with the other Empires.

1 Like

Aaron Mate retweeted this from Rania Khalek:

This reminded me of a transformative passage in Frederick Douglass’s Narrative, where Douglass risked his life by fighting back against a “n–r breaker” who meant to scourge him with a whip. Douglass relates an automatic, permanent decision: “The next man who wants to whip me is going to have to kill me.” And it stuck, through four more years despised as chattel, but never again whipped.

1 Like

Chavez, the deceased President of Venezuela, said the same thing when he compared American Capitalism to Dracula and said American Capitalism cannot survive without the blood of innocent people.

5 Likes

I try to take the 50,000 foot view of history – the longer the better. Gerald Horne’s seminal Apocalypse is along these lines: tracing the origin of the current Anglo-USAmerican Empire (indisputably the largest empire in human history, however you measure it) to the “Glorious Revolution” of 1688, when William of Orange kicked his father-in-law’s butt, monarchy began a long slide to figurehead status, and white supremacy became supercharged by ingenious pirates (“I know, let’s set up a triangle trade!”) of the 17th and 18th centuries.

But eventually the explosion of exploitation reaches physical limits on a finite planet, until citizens of Empire (witting or not) become food for their own terrible machine. Things aren’t so awful great on the USA side of the pond either, good buddy. We got concentration camps for officially subhuman youth, a “homeless problem” like no other, police terrorism, deranged war-veterans regularly spraying random gatherings with automatic weapons fire. Not much fun for citizens of Empire, either.

UK has this weird (branch of) Wall Street called “City of London” which really does secretly run everything over there, I’m given to understand.