Home | About | Donate

'This Is a Grave Crime': Rep. Ilhan Omar Condemns Israeli 'Ethnic Cleansing' After IDF Destruction of Palestinian Hamlet

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/06/grave-crime-rep-ilhan-omar-condemns-israeli-ethnic-cleansing-after-idf-destruction

6 Likes

Hi Trooth:
sigh—the world didn’t say much when the nazis were killing Jewish people----------I guess Israelis like Netanhahu are counting on that same reaction from the world again—even though this time Netanyahu is the nazi. : (

17 Likes

It’s the Tar Baby Principal. A warning always to keep close to heart.

Beware becoming attached to that which you fight against (and in the process becoming indistinguishable). Not that big of a difference between yellow stars and badges reading “I am an alien worker.”

2 Likes

I personally like the one handed down from my great-great-grandad, “if you wrestle with a turd, you end up beshat.”

But the Br’er Rabbit’s Marvelous Tar Baby Story to me really sums up that principal best. To often the victors end up indistinguishable from the oppressors they sought to overthrow. So firmly attached, that the only way out might be getting tossed into that briar patch.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly…I’m a 72 y.o white male who lives in Omar’s district, we love her!!!

13 Likes

a repeat of Operation Cast Lead in 2008 when the village idiot was out and before Obama came in. Of course , the paper of record said nothing about that slaughter. Nothing will come of this latest brutality by “the ONLY democracy in the Middle East”

6 Likes

No one should expect Biden, who, like most Democrats, is a fervent defender of Israel, to stand up for the oppressed Palestinians anytime soon and something which Rep. Omar never mentions in her tweet.

6 Likes

We need more stories about Palestine…
need to expose the " " , now they are doing the same thing the nazi did.
they are no better, maybe worst…

1 Like

Thank you for your courage, Rep. Omar. We absolutely must make the world humane and support justice for children and families. No more destruction of homes. No more separation of children from their parents and locking them in cages. No more corporations destroying our air, water, land, way of life, and our community health. No more war.

That’s a lot, I suppose, but in terms of the old John Lennon song… Let’s imagine – and then act!

5 Likes

I think part of the problem is that we didn’t fully understand what happened in world war two, we declared victory without learning or understanding everything that had happened, then we carried that forward as an example.

1 Like

Like many settler-colonial nations including the United States

Less we forget.

2 Likes

Kudos to Ilhan. May she show similar courage in speaking out against
the barbaric warfare the U.S. is waging against Venezuela and Iran.

6 Likes

There goes Kushner working hard with Bibi to solve the Middle Eastern problems for Zionist expansion.

2 Likes

And what will be done about it? Nothing. A few words of outrage and then on to the next demolition and theft of Palestinian land.

5 Likes

This is a paraphrase of Nietsczhe’s warning regarding staring into the abyss.

She’s already ostracized from the DP. Time for some other people to show some spine besides her.

4 Likes

what a sad stupid world we live in. there has long been a truly progressive ‘third party’ that doesn’t compromise it’s principles. it’s called the greens. have u never heard of it? i can’t imagine u haven’t. so i must assume u have. given that, what makes u think that a new ‘third party’ that’s truly and uncompromisingly progressive will fare any better than the greens, who always struggle just to be on the ballot, and rarely receive more than 1 or 2 percent in national elections? i think the one time we did, back in 2000 with ralph nader as our candidate, we became the target of a very angry ‘progressive’ backlash that accused us of taking votes from gore and getting the abominable w. bush elected. which is why we also desperately need ranked choice voting. but getting back to my original premise, the wheel has already been invented. the task at hand now is how do we encourage more sheeple to use it and join the green party?

Hi gneil:
YOU are a lucky VOTER! We need more people like Ms Omar in Congress! The entire squad is an inspiration! : )

4 Likes

Speak out at anything and your classed as an anti semite.

Look what happened to Jeremy Corbin.

4 Likes

It is in my view a horrifically grave crime, the most recent of countless others, and I fear only the first of the countless more to follow.

1 Like