Home | About | Donate

'This Is a Massive Scandal': Trump FDA Grants Drug Company Exclusive Claim on Promising Coronavirus Drug

You need to take a break. You find an ulterior motive in everything. One that’s not there. Your insight is valued here, we need you.

1 Like

Check out today’s news on CPR (Colorado Public Radio) re: a COVID-19 blood test kit being used exclusively in Telluride, CO, and San Miguel County in which Telluride is located.

2 Likes

Be sure that this gets around. When these medications are demonstrated to be effective, they are candidates for invoking the Defense Production Act in getting the protection out to all citizens.

3 Likes

You never let me down, ‘America’.

2 Likes

Publish names, faces, addresses, schools, etc etc etc where these monsters and their spawn live and congregate… oh it’d be fast but bloody…

2 Likes

Unfortunately, David Carson, SuspiraDeProfundis is not making excuses for Trump but speaking the unvarnished truth. This is SOP for our government. Taxpayers are saddled with the financial ri$k$ to develop many drugs, then all profit is privatized by a favored firm. Trump is not alone in giving these contracts to those companies that support him. If he’s getting direct cash kickbacks, that might be unusual. I disagree with you on the main point of the article, it’s not that Trump is first or alone in this practice but to peel the scales off our eyes so that we rise up en masse to stop this common practice! No better time than a pandemic to point this out and possibly generate the necessary outrage to cause change…

8 Likes

Just execute the CEO’s. Phuck 'em

2 Likes

So the Trump plan is open up the country and go back to work, more people get sick, and this company can make a killing on selling the treatment to the highest bidder? I am sure Trump and company are already invested in this – now he just needs sick people to treat.

5 Likes

The problem is systemic. The system is Capitalism.
This is also a human tragedy. Just think of all the people not able to afford this particular and potentially life saving drug…

10 Likes

Sorry, no.
This article is not about SOP for our government.
It’s about what Trump just did.
Talking about SOP is deflection from what Trump and his cronies have done.
I invite you to consider Bernie Sanders’ comment on this news.
Did Bernie say, “It’s SOP for our government what Trump has done here. Lots of other people have done it. Trump is not the first one. Let’s not focus on Trump. Let’s focus on systemic problems instead of the criminal exploiting them.”
No! He said: what Trump has done is egregious, and we must stop him.
No blah-blah about irrelevant bullshit. Just focus on Trump the Fuhrer, stop his actions, and get rid of him.
That’s the focus we need RIGHT NOW. Not arcane discussions about SOP.

1 Like

“This is another way to perceive that Bernie is just as evil as Trump and the rest.”
You are absolutely wrong, and a blindly ignorant moron, disrespecting one of few politicians who has integrity and honor.
Shame!

3 Likes

Thanks for caring and for the kind words.
What I see is not necessarily a conscious ulterior motive to deflect for Trump in all comments that deflect for him.
But the comment I critiqued is a deflection for Trump, whether Suspira intended it as such or not.
So many comments here like that: whataboutisms, the Dems are just as bad, Trump isn’t any more corrupt than others, other presidents have been corrupt, other bad things have happened, and on and on. All bullshit.
I can’t let them go unchallenged because TRUMP IS THE MOST MANIACAL, DANGEROUS, CULT LEADER PRESIDENT WE’VE EVER HAD.

4 Likes

On the basis of Trump’s well-earned reputation, also because some of us have seen the film THE THIRD MAN many times, an independent-minded member of the American news media should check out the actual coronovirus product of Gilead Science Inc. to see if it’s made of oats.

4 Likes

who thinks bernie has the balls to run as president as an independent 3rd party candidate and tell the dems he will hand the presidency to trump if they don’t adopt his policies …

yeah me neither

3 Likes

But you forget that the rump is the one in charge of invoking that act in whatever area, and he just ain’t gonna do it.

1 Like

Excellent post, i want to say “one of your best ever” but you are so consistently insightful. Thanks!

1 Like

Capitalists are dirty greedy pigs.

Trump is a Capitalist.

Trump is a dirty greedy pig.

Nothing I posted deflects form that. Before trump came along there were still people being charged 10s of thousands of dollars for the drugs they needed to live. After Trump is gone this will still happen. That the problem is related to Capitalism and not Trump should be apparent to everyone.

What you in fact do in claiming this deflecting from Trump is trying to polish up the turd that called Capitalism into something else.

4 Likes

I think this is of interests. “In March 2020, Gilead fought to maintain its patent on as a treatment for the novel coronavirus, initiating legal conflicts with the the Wuhan Institute of Virology”. Wikipedia.

If Gilead can manipulate the orange dictator and avoid legal conflicts with another foreign pharma, what other corporation will receive preferential treatment from this plannedemic?

5 Likes

Gilead used to be run by DONALD RUMSFELD. That pretty much says it all.

5 Likes

@SuspiraDeProfundis
@ziavet
“Drug research should be funded by Government dollars and ALL patent and trademark protections removed from them. Governments the world over should share this research in a collaborative manner and the drugs produced should be freely prescribed to those that need them. Access to life giving medications should not be for only those that can afford it and profits should not be made off the fact that unless people use these drugs they will suffer or die.“

The quoted paragraph contains the central argument of Suspira’s comment. Given this central argument, her/his point, in a preceding paragraph, that giving patent rights to Big Pharma corporations is Standard US Government Operating Procedure (after pouring millions in taxpayer money into development of those patented drugs), is entirely appropriate. It’s a perfectly reasonable point to make in light of her/his larger argument. It’s not an instance of false equivalence, of “whataboutism,” or of any of the other ulterior goals you falsely attribute, ad nauseum, to your interlocutors.

To test the truthfulness of Suspira’s argument, and of her/his claim that drug patent giveaways are SOP for the US government, try and imagine a D Party presidential administration handling the issue of coronavirus medications fundamentally differently. Try and imagine Bernie’s proposals on this issue being implemented under a Bill Clinton, Obama, Hillary Clinton or Joseph Biden administration. Try imagining a DNC-selected presidential candidate adopting Suspira’s quoted normative claims, above, as policy objectives. Do you really think a neoliberal DNC-approved President would follow the course that Bernie is advocating?

Of course not. The proof is all around you. Why do you think the DNC has done everything in its power, with its allies in corporate media/propaganda, to stop Bernie? The D Party Establishment’s whole program is to PREVENT Bernie-style ideas about health care and pharmaceutical patents from ever taking hold in Washington. It’s whole program is the same as the GOP program: to protect the current system where healthcare is private property, and to use government to preserve Big Pharma corporations’ monopolies over medical treatments and pharmaceutical products.

So, yes, not only is Suspira’s argument 100% accurate and sound, it is also entirely fitting in the context of the article and the issues we are discussing.

I urge you to slow down, read your interlocutors’ comments charitably — from THEIR points of view — and stop trying to add hidden motives to them which just aren’t there. And, for heaven’s sake, stop using the asinine word “whataboutism.” That’s a word invented by right wingers, in a time when right wingers still cared about coming across as pseudo-intellectuals.

5 Likes