Home | About | Donate

'This Is About Basic Decency': Obama Denounces Trump as DACA Decision Sparks Nationwide Protest

'This Is About Basic Decency': Obama Denounces Trump as DACA Decision Sparks Nationwide Protest

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

As former President Barack Obama slammed President Donald Trump's decision to end the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program on Tuesday, thousands of undocumented immigrants and allies took to the streets in protest.

A man of substance, integrity, compassion, and intelligence speaks out against the current heartless diabolical despot and his equally demonic minions. Let the good vanquish the pure satanic evil.

This is rich, the prez who was the “deporter-in-chief” calling out the Orange Idiot of Tweetland about “decency.”

Hypocrisy – Long May It Reign!

I’m not sure Common Decency and Duopoly politicians should be used in the same sentence.

Well, the Obama Adm. is just one in a series of bad Presidents. Can’t really pick which is worse, based on that linked article.
The Dreamers, however, have good jobs, own homes and own real property. That’s going to open up a whole different can of legal worms. This will not be settled fairly, and therein lies the rub.

First thought upon seeing the photo above: “Way to go, cops You seem always ready to confront and cuff harmless peaceful protesters. One would think your city has run out of violent criminals. ‘Serve and protect’ must mostly apply to those of privileged status, especially the white males.”

Obama initiated more wars, direct and by proxy, than any other president in U.S. History. He assassinated countless innocent men, women and children around the globe with his drone warfare. Yep, that’s what I call “substance, integrity, compassion and intelligence.”

He also inherited more wars. So, there’s that, too. But, I get your point.

Nighthawk,

They’re just being the well trained Nazi attack dogs they are.

There will be a reckoning and they will be held accountable.

I suspect that ending DACA, along with Hurricane Irma and North Korea’s threats, as well as the legislative urgencies that he needs to spearhead, will put pressure on Trump, the likes of which he has never experienced. He thought being president would be a walk in the park, with him making deals and sitting back and wallowing in glory. I fully expect to see him bawling like a baby and being taken away in a strait-jacket someday soon…

This is what Trump wants:

And may I remind everyone that every single person who is non-Native American is here because his/her ancestors came here without permission of anybody. So maybe the Orange Ass should self-deport, say, to some country where Nazis and White Nationalists and the KKK are welcome, if he can pass the entry requirements.

How can a two year old, 5 year old 10 year old or any child before the age of majority infringe on the American constitution? "What Authority Does the U.S. Constitution Give the Federal Government Regarding Immigration?

Home Constitution Course: Supplemental Assignments What Authority Does the U.S. Constitution Give the Federal Government Regarding Immigration?

A – The word “immigration” does not appear in the U.S. Constitution or any of its Amendments. Article I, Section 8, Clause 4 does read, “… To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, …”. The 14th Amendment, Section 1 addresses the protection of “All persons born or naturalized in the United States,…” which extended citizenship through the States to the former slaves. The rules of immigration were reserved to the States through the 10th Amendment until the first Federal law was enacted in 1875. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled the following year that immigration regulation was an exclusive Federal responsibility. Congress established the Immigration Service in 1891, which was the first time the Federal government took an active role. Congress enacted additional quota systems after World War I in the years 1921 and 1924. The laws remained largely unchanged until the passage of the “The Immigration and Nationality Act Amendments of 1965.” Changes to admittance were made again in 1976 and 1978. “The Immigration Act of 1990″ added a category of admission based on diversity and increased the worldwide immigration ceiling.

Other changes came through the introduction of new categories of immigration and citizenship with the resettlement of refugees after World War II. “The Refugee Act of 1980” allowed the President the authority to admit refugees on an annual basis, in consultation with Congress in response to United Nations protocols in 1967 and 1969, derived from the 1951 United Nations Refugee Convention. This new legislation was the first time that our country used international standards and definitions for our immigration policies. “The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986” addressed unauthorized immigration creating two amnesty programs “legalizing” about 2.7 million people who illegally entered the country. Because illegal immigration remained a problem, “The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996” was passed to provide greater controls on the borders and reduced benefits. The last change occurred with “The Homeland Security Act of 2002” which now has consolidated authority for border protection, naturalization, customs and immigration.

What is the standard by which Obama is being judged as a bad president? When I see criticism of Obama incessantly from specific board members they are invariably Republicans. Most likely the one and the same Republicans that elected Donald Trump. Who will most likely go down in history as one of the very worst presidents ever. And Trump’s problem seems to be he is a sociopath con artist. Not just an incompetent president like Richard Nixon.

Obama is the worst president in comparison to whom? George W Bush? I don’t think so. You measure the distance between them in miles. And now we have another extremely bad Republican president who is dedicated to undoing everything Obama has done. While having no real agenda of his own other than his profits and businesses being built on him being president and undoing everything Obama has done. And then you have Trump trying to eliminate Obamacare by his Trumpcare that raises prices 750 percent while not covering 23 million Americans (according to the Congressional Budget Office).

Oh, please make it be NOW!

Will these arrests now give Herr Trump’s S.S. (otherwise known as ICE) an excuse to deport these young people?

Libya, Afghanistan 2.0, Wall St. Bank bailouts, rising inequality, too small stimulus in 2009, no fighting for higher minimum wage, spying on and disrupting Occupy movements, etc- … There is more.
And, you are way off the mark on my voting record.
I gave Obama some money in both the primary and general in 2008. Also, to other candidates.
Just didn’t know we’d be getting a moderate Republican as the 44th POTUS. It was historic but so was the sinking of the Titanic.