Home | About | Donate

This Is All So 19th Century

This Is All So 19th Century

Laura Bonham

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Not emerging. It’s he-e-e-e-e-e-re!

Environmental impact of immigration in affected states. This doesn’t exactly answer that question but is still a question that needs an answer.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/immigrations-effect-on-evironment/

Wonderful article, Laura Bonham. I didn’t know you wrote for Common Dreams, one of my very favorite indie sources.

“…it’s High Time that We the People unite in a movement to ABOLISH Corporate Constitutional Rights, and Money, as Protected Free Speech…and create a Democracy where We the People Rule.”

Maybe the Prosecutors and Courts should Charge, Try, Convict and Imprison entire Corporations, when they are found Guilty of Crimes, until such time.

This is an excellent article, goes straight to the deep anti-democracy, racism and sexism at the core of the modern political economy and the modern corporation. Everyone needs to study this material, educate ourselves, and finally wrest democracy from the cold dead hands of the patriarchal white supremacist corporate state.

Quite literally, our humanity, our survival, and the hope for restoration of the dis-integrating ecology of the living Earth, all depend on our grasping this, and acting on it. We must END CORPORATE RULE, and build real justice on the foundation of an ecological and humanistic political economy.

And 18th Century, 17th Century, 16th Century, 15th Century… The ideology of British/European/Scandanavian white, male, property-owning supremacy is almost timeless and has been fully developed in the U.S.

The only societies that survive, will be those with sustainable populations. period

I visited the Statue of Liberty a couple of weeks ago with my grandchildren. It is a truly awesome sight.

Emma Lazarus’ sonnet showed a vision for all ages - not just the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.

Trump has taken the acronym for the Statue Of Liberty - S.O.L. - and applied it’s street interpretation.