Home | About | Donate

'This Is an Outrage—and It's Also Illegal': USPS Blocking Democratic Lawmakers From Inspecting Postal Facilities

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/07/outrage-and-its-also-illegal-usps-blocking-democratic-lawmakers-inspecting-postal

3 Likes

Unfuckingbelievable.

Tar and feathering is probably the only thing that will effect these criminals at a personal level.

Will be good for the national psyche, too. The untouchability of people with money has got to stop.

Today I’m in the Fanon camp as I just can’t make this work with Gandhian non-violence.

2 Likes

More crocodile tears from the Democratic Party.
The GOP has been slowly destroying the USPS since the dark days of W. But now you choose to actually address the problem. And not really address it as I have seen no legislation introduced in Nancy’s House that would reverse the poison pill W fed the USPS, or assuring that they can operate as a Public service For decades to come. No, you just send a couple of conservadems down to try a grandstanding move in the middle of an election cycle. If these Congress critters were serious, they would have walked right past postal security and dared them to arrest them in front of tv cameras.
More weak tea from the democrats, nothing to see here. And these are the people that are going to be in charge in 2021.

3 Likes

OMG- a violation of the Hatch Act?
This from and administration in which the president, his children and his shills openly violate the Hatch Act on a regular basis!
Democratic lawmakers should do a flash mob and storm the facilities, daring USPS to arrest them.
We need a constitutional crisis to jumpstart the revolution.

1 Like

Well, they did the same anemic thing to the kiddie concentration camps in Texas. Showed up with cameras, were denied entry, bitched about it for a minute or two, and left.
I know we have accused the Republican Party faithful of holding the bar Very low for their politicos these days, but democrats are guilty of the same transgressions.
Funny part about holding the bar low, everybody steps over it.

Amen. Why are these MCs tweeting instead of calling police and filing lawsuits? It’s not as if they don’t know the law.

1 Like

big –

We finally have some Dems in the HOUSE now fighting to correct what’s been
done to the POST OFFICE – especially what’s been done that might destroy
this election –

Let’s at least support them to get the Post Offices ready for the MAIL IN VOTE –
and complain about the rest of it after the election –

THE HOUSE HAS THE RIGHT TO INVESIGATE – THIS IS FLAT OUT FASCISM –
AND WHAT’S LEFT OF OUR GOVERNMENT BETTER START DEALING WITH IT –

1 Like

Sooner than later hopefully.