Home | About | Donate

'This Is Awesome!': Maine on Track to Ensure More Equitable Access to Abortion With New Insurance Rules

'This Is Awesome!': Maine on Track to Ensure More Equitable Access to Abortion With New Insurance Rules

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

While GOP legislators in several states threaten reproductive rights nationwide with laws targeting Roe v. Wade, pro-choice advocates celebrated a victory Tuesday after Maine's Democrat-controlled Senate voted in favor of a bill that would require both the state's Medicaid program and private insurers to cover abortions by 2020.

This article came out the same day that Alabama legislators effectively voted to criminalize all abortions. This country really does need to split into two. The blue states can become a sane social democracy and the red states can be the theocracy they seem to want to be.

So…how far is it from Alabama to Maine?

Great, but how will folks working for “religious employers” be covered?

Wonder why Mills is at like 20% likable and bad job…she’s already ruined balanced budget and now in the top higher tax state want us to pay for Abortion… This is why she is done already lol … Think most of the ppl I know saw this coming even friends who voted for her see how badly she killed a great set up…really sad cause I th I I Maine’s becoming independent of Republican specially in dist.2 were Golden was a pro gun no hard stance guy and still needed dist.1 to win with the shady vote system that is nuts …come in second and but 3 points but still win…ranked choice my ass

Welcome.

And your post was incoherent to me. I have no idea where you stand on the issues.

Complete thoughts in complete sentences would help.

Maine’s legislators disinguish themselves with this bill.

Now it’s time for its populace to throw out back-stabbing hypocrite Susan Collins.