Home | About | Donate

'This Is Big': House Democrats Praised for Requesting Kavanaugh's Concealed Bush Admin Records

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/06/big-house-democrats-praised-requesting-kavanaughs-concealed-bush-admin-records

Democrats wait until this sack of woe gets onto the Court, and THEN asks for documents?
Shades of SDNY waiting until Trump becomes “president” in order to bring all of its cases against him.

5 Likes

Better someone go stand by the shredding machine if you really want to see these documents.

5 Likes

Not only is this “not big”, but it’s not even news. D’s should have demanded them before he was confirmed. This is designed to keep stringing along the Democrat’s perennially abused base.

4 Likes

Lame lame lame.Have to wonder what THIS is supposed to be a distraction from

Just Pelosi and the “leadership” playing Ninja Black belt 3D Chess as usual

PS: You and I are their opponents. NOT the Republicans

They all need to be primaried

2 Likes

they did, the majority overruled them. .

3 Likes

I wonder if Kavanaugh and his republican friends will use the courts again to stall justice, like trump has been doing.

1 Like

Not just primaried — Tweetle-Dumb, McConnell & Kavanaugh should All be IMPEACHED and removed from office A.S.A.P. (along with P’Loser, Perez & Schumer, of course).

2 Likes

What a crock. There virtually no way of removing him once confirmed. I suggest the Democrats knew they could take this route a LONG time ago and instead waited until it too late to do anything.

More of that fake opposition stuff. It is in fact pathetic.

5 Likes

to do what?

Seriously what do these pussies of the Democratic party think they are gonna do with this? Not like they are going to hold anyone accountable so who cares. Might as well wipe your butt with it. This is just PR.

2 Likes

My response to those here saying ‘ so what’ to this is - Maybe this is only way, depending if enough detail comes out and it is damning enough, to force Mr Rapey I love beer Kavanaugh to recuse himself from certain cases - especially anything to do with abortion rights. At least that’s what I hope… other than that I agree this is a bit of closing the barn the door after the horse has escaped.
Though frankly we have to realize nothing was going to stop this far right rapey boozer from getting on the court sadly… he could have raped an aide in the chamber during the hearing and he would have been confirmed…

2 Likes

That kind of issue doesn’t seem to thwart the GOP. Why is that?

1 Like

Kavanaugh plus another four Catholics currently serving at supreme court WILL NOT overturn Roe/Wade.
Previously, there were five Catholics serving and they did not.
Why not, you ask?
Because there is another SC ruling, made slightly in time before R/W.
Fact: The ladies right to make her own health care decisions in
consultation with her physician.
Done!!

Man, what an ugly angry face on Kav! He is still the beer-drinking drunk sophomoric fraud he was in high school. Although it is a high bar to impeach and remove a scotus justice, it IS possible, given a plurality in Congress. IF the case can be made and proven that he lied under oath at confirmation and committed crimes against women that were effectively covered-up by the R’Con-trump regime, he can be charged and even impeached and removed.

3 Likes

That’s pathetically naive. You’ll forgive me for not taking your word on that…

That’s one book that you can accurately and reliably judge by its cover.

2 Likes

Boy-Howdy Robert!

It is OK with me that you and too many others are in fear of a roe/wade reversal.
I am not because its Not going to occur.
A slight trim around the edges will come out next June, 2020.
Sumthin about keepin the Catholic ladies voting republican,
in the November general election.

True. Hopefully groups like Justice Democrats are considering all the factors that AOC and others used in sucesseful primary victories against well known establishment democrats (I wish there were more to go on, but a couple is better than none) and then try to make sure bases are covered in other races. I know AOC went door to door a lot, that could be done in San Francisco as well (since this is the House, the districts of any two Reps in large population states are about the same).

I watched the interview of Peolosi’s opponent (Shahid Buttar) on the Humanist Report (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTMsXbKvUfo&feature=youtu.be). I’d vote for him, but I’m not in the district. I’m not skilled at predicting who wins elections, but he doesn’t strike me as a sure thing by any means. I wish we had more sure things willing to primary.

1 Like

Kavanaugh to the committee: “I am innocent of these charges.”

Or, in legal parlance, “no court has proven me guilty of these charges.”

Technically both are true. The first whitewashes what the second begs-- when will you ever face your credible accuser in court?

1 Like