Home | About | Donate

'This Is Chaos': Trump Fires Top Election Security Official Christopher Krebs Who Called BS on Voter Fraud Lies

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/17/chaos-trump-fires-top-election-security-official-christopher-krebs-who-called-bs

4 Likes

That sonuvabitch needs to be in prison!!! I doubt the psychiatric hospitals would take him!

8 Likes

now now. We must look forward and not back. What kind of message would imprisoning that sonuvabitch send his rabid followers? It might hurt their feelings. Better to enlist their support and respect by allowing him free reign to do as he pleases. That way his kind of behavior will become tolerated, expected even and - oh, man, I can’t keep this up…

17 Likes

OBAMA?! Is that YOU?!

6 Likes

I know. Kinda makes you want to throw up in your own mouth while breathing. (-:

4 Likes

Note to Liz Warren…
Shut up, shut up, shut up SHUT UP!
You had your chance to change something in DC. Instead you had a private meeting with the Clintons, then stayed in the race past Super Tuesday, all but ending any chance for progressives to try and take back the Democratic Party.
Go away Liz. Just go the fuck away.

14 Likes

Calm Down, The 2020 Election is over.  Krebs did his job, surprisingly well for a Trump appointee.  This is just another example of Tweetle-Dumb revealing just how weak and desperate he really is, and should have no effect on the inaug­uration on January 20, 2021, of another weak old man who is clearly the slightly lesser of these two GREAT evils.

Besides, Krebs is now free to appear on all the major networks – even Fox “News” if they’ll have him – and tell the truth if he wants to without interference from the presidunce.

7 Likes

Krebs lasted longer than I thought he would. I didn’t figure he’d make to 2020.

2 Likes

Truthtellers of the World, Unite!

5 Likes

This isn’t “chaos,” this is the slow motion coup, the Putin playbook, minus the polonium cocktails.
The strongman dictator always purges the whistleblowers, truth-tellers, even people who just do their jobs competently and ethically.
We are all feeling betrayed by and angry at Biden for bringing us what appears to be Obama 2.000 in his presidency. It looks like he will live up to his corporate-owned reputation.
But you have to admit, Trump wants to be a Fuhrer and King, and Biden doesn’t, so at least we defeated the American Mussolini.
These are the crumbs we have learned to be grateful for, as America sinks into the abyss of dying empire.

4 Likes

Feeling neither surprise nor betrayal here — after O’Bummer & P’Loser betrayed us in 2009 I knew better than
to vote for either of the lying bastards this time around.

As I said a few days ago, Biden’s veto power will be like a tourniquet to staunch the worst of the bleeding as McConnell and his 'Poop-Lickan senators continue to dismember what little is left of “our” democracy.  And, speaking of crumbs, I just hope that Social Security survives – like me – for at least a few more years . . .

3 Likes

I hear you. I have older friends who are super worried about the fate of social security, and the paltry 1.2% cost of living raise for 2021.
Also, Trump just moved to gut social security disability.

1 Like

“…bipartisan condemnation…”

And yet, not a single Republican is quoted in the article. The closest I saw was a statement from Angus King, an Independent.

“This Is Chaos”? The election is over. As far as I can tell, this guy didn’t have much to do between now and January. If he was doing a great job, Biden can just reappoint him. This also frees him to testify in any court cases brought by the president-reject alleging voter fraud.

5 Likes

It would be swell to see some kind of civility in so far as not being permitted to fire someone by “TWITTER”. A person should be respected and a face to face appointment would be less derisive that posting on “TWITTER” and possibly some learning for the bully in the WH.

3 Likes

Democrats have two ways to win in 2022 and 2024. They can shift course and give people medical care, financial security, and establish rules to lessen the income disparity gap. They can let the Orange Crusader loose to so divide the Republican Party into factions that the Democrats can continue offering up corporate candidates to win by LOTE. My meager bank account is on the latter. The last thing the Democratic Party wants is to stifle the rage machine that is so good for corporate donations.

1 Like

This is what they do to us. We go from demanding expansion of Social Security to begging them to please not destroy it. They then convince us that they gave us something when they “tweak it” just a bit. Death by tiny little cuts. The rich get trillion dollar tax cuts, we get increases that don’t even cover inflation.

I actually think McConnell purposely undercut Trump’s chance for victory by refusing to pass any stimulus. Imagine if, prior to the election, Americans had receive another stimulus check, Trump had withdrawn troops from several theaters of operation, and the DOJ had announce more plans to go after big tech. Biden wouldn’t have stood a chance. I think the Republican leadership and Fox wanted Trump gone, I think Trump knows it, and I hope he is out for revenge.

6 Likes

Not enough “shut ups” in your comment.

2 Likes

So, this is what a totally irrational paranoid narcissistic psychopath’s tantrum looks like. He cancelled traveling to Florida for Thanksgiving, probably afraid he’ll be locked out if he leaves the WH, and then perhaps served with the sitting indictment coming on January 20th. So he’s barricading himself in the asylum for the next 60 days. All the while continuing to lash out by tweet. How marvelous. Looney tunes!

Biden avoiding probes, hmm. Joe never fails to blunder sooner or later.

Lindsey Graham must resign!!!

2 Likes

Nobody will go after a republican after the impeachment fiasco of Donald J trump.
I seriously doubt it anyway.
All of the honest ones have been fired or quit.

1 Like

You may be right. But, according to reports Micheal Cohen’s conviction was accompanied by a sealed indictment of individual 1. Who by all accounts is drumpf. We shall see.

1 Like