Home | About | Donate

'This Is Crazy': Scientists Alarmed as Lightning Near North Pole Seen as Latest Sign of Climate Breakdown

I’d be interested if you have anything on this. If it’s just a hunch it’s as reliable as some models anymore!

I’ve probably shared with you that I keep an eye on methane via ESRL GMD, where I haven’t seen a noticeable acceleration in the methane trend at northern stations (but oddly, I do see one in the methane trend at Mauna Loa). Knowing what that means is far beyond my paygrade.

So far, the methane I’m worried about is land-based (thawing permafrost). Underwater, things get hela complicated. I saw discussion of how the dearth or lack of marine micro-organisms makes a difference in how many bubbles reach the atmosphere (bugs eat the methane on the way up).

Me too. I have done this for a long time. Last sunday i went to see the perseid meteor shower but for some inexplicable reason the sky was covered with cotton wool balls. Very unusual. So i just laid there in the dark and made faces/animals etc out of the clouds.

Robbie Robertson does a song about the cloud people, they are real just as you and I are. I truly believe that if we choose to we can become one when we pass.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to hear the deniers explanation.

All the wars are now censored. No dead. No reality. Get in the streets and raise holy hell.

2 Likes

Amen brother. Not sure what I would do without my canine pals!

1 Like
3 Likes

HI aussidawg:

a sad sigh-----it seems that Mr. Peabody was really a pea brain. : (

1 Like

And that is not just counting third world countries. Look at places in the good ol USA like Flint who for the past half decade have essentially been drinking poisoned water.

1 Like

Just another one of the horsemen of the apocalypse.

Just wait till these assholes have nothing but their fucking money to eat! I hear people choke on it.

3 Likes

Thanx star for my first laugh of the day.

1 Like

Thank you…

Bingo…

So sorry for your loss :pensive:

1 Like

My warmest and deepest condolences on the loss of your dog… animals are our truest friends and family…

1 Like

Now then, I guess all we need to cap that is for the same thing to start occurring in Antarctica, the ice of which is also melting at a rate ten times faster than it was a decade ago.

The next likely stage in the gradual destabilization of the air over the Arctic Ocean is Polar Lows, which, if they occurred at lower latitudes would be called hurricanes. We have already had one such in 2012 in August which, according to the pressure in the eye would have been called a low category 3 hurricane. At lower latitudes in the open ocean the hurricanes are powered by the ‘suck’ from the center due to latent heat of vaporization as the moisture in the air condenses into water. At the poles, we will probably have the situation of the suck in the middle augmented by a ‘push’ from the land as it cools off and becomes an area of descending (high pressure) air.