Home | About | Donate

'This Is Deadly': Trump HHS Scraps Protections for Transgender Patients and Those Seeking Abortions

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/13/deadly-trump-hhs-scraps-protections-transgender-patients-and-those-seeking-abortions

1 Like

This is the same “religious”, fearful mentality of some who believe humans have no link to apes/ simians/chimpanzees. Therefore i believe they catagorize transgenders/homosexuals/etc in the same bracket. There isn’t an adjective to describe this mindset.

1 Like

FUBAR is what it is.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why, but the imbecile Trump and his acolytes keep thinking they have to constantly pander to the religious right. Don’t they know that those backward assed troglodytes are already in the bag? My god (pun intended) who they gonna vote for? A democrat?
But this latest desperate act seems to point to The Trumps campaigns paranoia. They must believe that they NEED to pander as Trumps constant faux pax’s may finally be wearing thin with the Fundamentalist crowd. I tend to doubt that, as if they had brains or a conscience they would have never voted for Trump in the first place, but never say never.
Let this also be another harsh lesson learned by the democratic leadership. Signing statements can be signed away. Legislation cannot. Of course Nancy and Chuck and Barry and Harry Reid knew this in 2009, yet they couldn’t pull their thumbs from their collective asses long enough to make LGBTQ rights a priority. No, they hoped the SCOTUS a would make marriage equality the law of the land (they did) completely avoiding the responsibility of actually legislating it (remember, Obama, the Clintons, and Nancy had to “evolve” on same sex marriage, amazingly right after the SCOTUS said it was OK to. How fucking cynical can you get?) But when they found out that that ruling only applied to marriage, they should have legislated LGBTQ equal rights into law. What did they do? Why wait until fall of 2016 and have Barry sign it into existence at the last possible second.
No wonder the democrats keep losing. They won’t even pretend to pander to there base. Remember this, LGBTQ community. Withhold your votes unless Biden and Nancy promise to make this a priority.

5 Likes

It’s not pandering - the Trump Administration and everyone in it literally just hates women, trans people, lesbians, gay people, and combinations thereof. There’s no pandering necessary. This is the entire reason these scum are in politics.

2 Likes

I have to brace myself , every time, before opening common dreams to see what new, horrible, dehumanizing things this administration has done. Today is no exception.
Trans rights are human rights.
Black lives are human rights.
Reproductive rights are human rights.
Btw, isn’t it hypocritical for those right-wingers to protest wearing masks as infringing on their rights but not let women control their own bodies?

7 Likes

Oh look, is someone mad the leopard ate their face, too?

“AMY GOODMAN: I wanted to ask you about this comment that you made that the Republican Party, you said, is the most dangerous organization in world history. Can you explain?”

“NOAM CHOMSKY: I also said that it’s an extremely outrageous statement. But the question is whether it’s true. I mean, has there ever been an organization in human history that is dedicated, with such commitment, to the destruction of organized human life on Earth? Not that I’m aware of. Is the Republican organization—I hesitate to call it a party—committed to that? Overwhelmingly. There isn’t even any question about it.”

6 Likes

Hi wingsofadove:
sigh----so often religions seem to kill more people than they save! What ever happened to the idea tha t"God makes no mistakes. " I suppose that governments were developed to take care of that omission! : (

Has the Preamble been changed again: Is it now , We SOME of the People…" : (
Oh wait, if Trump got cancer of the penis and it had to be removed would Trump supporters support having a eunuch for president?

2 Likes

Trump, have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

2 Likes

I suppose I’ll get in trouble for saying so, but I dread thinking about what trump will conger up for a last slap in the face to sane governing. Will he be tolerable in his last days. I say, barring any other solution, take him out, to a ball game. Pun intended.
Set your dislikes for Obama aside, and watch youtube, 7th season, 1st episode, of “Comedians in cars getting coffee.” It’s a reminder of the difference between presidents.

ALL HUMANS share an evolutionary link with other primates, something to celebrate and honor.

1 Like

And backed by the influence of the Catholic Church, which is anti-woman, anti-LGBTQ+, and, of course, anti-animal rights:

According to the Catholic Church (in which I was raised and taught this), “Brute beasts, not having understanding and therefore not being persons, cannot have any rights. The conclusion is clear. They are not autocentric. They are of the number of THINGS, which are another’s: they are chattels, or cattle. We have no duties to them…. Nor are we bound to any anxious care to make [their] pain as little as may be. Brutes are THINGS in our regard: so far as they are useful to use, they exist for us, not for themselves; and we do right in using them unsparingly for our need and convenience….” Jesuit Joseph Rickaby

2 Likes

That sure disillusions me on St Francis.
Women. We used to club them and drag them into the cave.
Now we drug them and use them.
Some go to jail, Cosby and friends, but most don’t.
This abuse knows no color either. All are fair game.

1 Like

Just another reason why we need universal, cradle to the grave, no cost at point of service, health care FOR ALL. Exclusionists have no place in a civil society.

4 Likes

Well stardust they would have to remove his testicles to make him a eunuch. And as for the other thing…

1 Like

Just look at the way catholic countries treat their non humans.

so tRump has decided he doesn’t want the votes of LGBTQ, women, brown people, black people, yellow people, red people, real christians, military and their families, etc.

that leaves him with ignorant arse angry white idiots who will be far fewer in number come november because rallies.

cool.

4 Likes

Never had one.

Peace.
ths.

1 Like

He’s going to sack his campaign managers when he finds that out. :))