Home | About | Donate

'This Is Evil': Immigrant Rights Advocates Blast Trump's Decision to End DACA

Wow, that is a novel conspiracy theory explanation for normal corporate media behavior. Apparently you never read much about how the US media works.

And I guess you don’t care what happens to the US worker of the environment - you will be nice and comfortable with you trust fund or whatever supports you up there in “Casdcadia”…

I received that letter and signed on POST HASTE! Thank you for sharing it with others!!

Yes! She orchestrated all of that, a prime mover in all, and we are just and right to ascribe her the purest guilt she deserves above all others. I mean, why should we do nuance when the truth is as plain as day?Thank goodness we didn’t despoil our votes on such a criminal. People will thank us as time moves forward, especially the soon-to-be immigrants here since childhood who will be deported, or maybe the people of Houston affected by whatever toxic pollutants are draining into waterways unchecked via a nonexistent EPA staff.
I’m glad you have joined me in not washing your hands, but embracing the powerful decision we made. Our role in helping elect an ignorant racist president, and the good folks he appoints to departments, will at least be celebrated by the hard right, where we can look for gratitude for years to come.

Oh really? You don’t see mass murdering torturer thug’s Bashar Assad’s face (who you are too stupid to realize has been largely US-supported too)?

And you forgot to mention the ongoing genocide of the Rohingra in Myanmar. The US is behind that too, right?

You are under the thrall of the worst sort of insular, ignorant, exceptionalist stupid tin-foil hat sort of US-centrism there is. You are no leftist, you are a whacked out kook fascist. Have you ever even been outside of your “cascadia” in your life?

If I recall the Podesta e-mails where just the normal internal party politics seen in any other country in the world - a complete fake “scandal” - exactly like to the right-wing denialist’s so-called “climategate” scandal involving some scientist’s e-mails at the U. of East Anglia.

Don’t move to Canada, the UK or any other parliamentary democracy if you don’t like the Podesta stuff.

As someone who has had the opportunity to do research at the Reagan library (gubernatorial and presidential papers), I couldn’t believe what a joke some of the emails were. I was expecting Edwin Meese level political hardcore, but read a bunch of softcore, barely-a-scandal stuff instead. Hell, even Coolidge had private investigators tailing his opponents, trying to catch them with prostitutes, etc. This was baby stuff and, of course, we only saw one side. I suspect Bernie’s campaign wasn’t so saintly either. I’m betting emails from a large swath of campaign managers across the country look far worse than Podesta’s.

Yes.

And Rainy in Seattle (he should come to my part of the oh-so unfashionable rust belt if he wants to see rain - and a little later, snow) STILL has not answered my questions about what Clinton’s domestic labor rights policies would have been like, compared to Trump. Something I always notice about people with the “never-Hillary-Trump-won’t-be-so-bad disorder-on-the-left” is that they have a one-track mind on foreign policy, and a wildly distorted notion on foreign policy too - where absolute fascist thugs like Assad and Putin become latter day Che Guevaras!

And yes, had Sanders gotten the nomination, the Trump campaign owuld have had a field day with him - which is another thing I notice about the Bernie Bros. They seem to have no idea, or refuse to get an idea, of how right-wing the greater US voting population outside the major urban core areas are!

The Putin-Assad love is baffling.

Exactly. Putin and Assad - corrupt capitalist gangsters, torturers and murderers - cannot in any way be considered allies of anything whatsoever on the “left”.

Sadly, some on the Left do though. It was a scary to see it during the campaign, it’s even scarier now.

Shantiananda, regardless of which Democratic president locked-up Japanese people who had immigrated to America, when the American Empire was at war in the Second World War of Empires against the Japanese Empire and the Nazi Empire — the key point that is historically true of the actions and ‘policies’ of all EMPIRES including the current, extant, and entrenched first in the world; ‘stealthily-disguised’, ‘truly-global’, and crony/looting ‘capitalist-fueled’ Empire, which is nominally HQed in, and merely ‘poses’ as, our former country — is that acting like an EMPIRE (rather than any kind of functional democracy or Republic) is the core cancerous tumor of ALL the AWFUL decisions & “Policies” enforced by an EMPIRE.

Here’s what I said this morning on CSpan about a deeper level of understanding that any thinking people should understand about this awful anti-DACA decision by faux-EMPEROR Trumpster Dumpster:

CALLER

CALLER:
“GOOD MORNING. I OPPOSED THE DECISION FOR HISTORICAL REASONS. IT WAS NOT WELL RESEARCHED OR UNDERSTOOD HISTORICALLY, BUT TRUMP DOES NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND MUCH ABOUT HISTORY. IF WE LOOK AT THE HISTORY OF THE ROMAN AND BRITISH EMPIRE, BOTH OF THEM HAD SITUATIONS WHERE THEY INVADED COUNTRIES AND THEY CONTROLLED THE ECONOMIES AND EXPLOITED THE COUNTRY. THEY STILL ALLOWED PEOPLE FROM THOSE LANDS WHICH THEY HAD EXPLOITED AND BUILT LARGE NUMBER OF MILITARY BASES ON, THEY ALLOWED THEM TO IMMIGRATE TO ROME OR BRITAIN, ENGLAND, AND BECOME FULL CITIZENS. NOW, THE AMERICAN EMPIRE WHICH HAS MORE BASES THROUGHOUT THE WORLD AND CAUSED IMMIGRATION. THE PROBLEM OF MASS IMMIGRATION IS CAUSED BY AMERICAN POLICY OF EMPIRE ABROAD. IT OBVIOUSLY ENGENDERS IMMIGRATION TO A SAFER PLACE.”

Then Pedro (who is a nice guy and host of Washington Week) interjected a question to (IMHO) throw the conversation off the dangerous topic of EMPIRE — which all media (even the reasonably liberal, open, and progressive media) treats like a taboo subject:

Pedro Echevarria

HOST: ALAN, AS A MATTER OF POLICY, WHAT ABOUT PRESIDENT OBAMA’S DECISION TO PUT THIS POLICY IN PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

To which I just stayed on the more important point of excoriating EMPIRE controlling both of the dual-party Vichy-political facades of the EMPIRE:

CALLER:
“OBAMA’S POLICY AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WOULD BE – THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY IS THE SAME AS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY WHICH ARE BOTH PART OF THE EMPIRE. NEITHER PARTY HAS ANY INTEREST OTHER THAN ANYTHING THE UNITED STATES HAS CRAFTED LIKE A GLOBAL EMPIRE.”

Shantiananda, generally I find that if an ‘interactive’, live, and Socratic-method of discourse can be achieved about how the deeper diagnosis of the disease of EMPIRE being the underLYING meta-cause and cancer of EMPIRE as the actual reason that a given ‘issue’, ‘symptom-problem’, or awful “American policy” can be rationally addressed, that something much more important can be ‘exposed’ as a real ‘learning moment’.

Unfortunately, the CSpan transcript of my first section of this interchange with Pedro, either left out or censored, when I pointed out that Tom Brokaw (on Meet the Press) in November 2015 had already ‘exposed’ that all the massive immigration from the Middle East to Europe (at that time) was “because of (bad) American policy” — of course the bad “policy” then that Brokaw recognized and bemoaned was the “policy” of effin the Middle East in the American Empire’s WARS — which all EMPIRES employ as their “policy” of Empire.

Here is an excellent article from the LA Times that fully explains the Putin-Assad alliance: personal and strategic.m Here is an excerpt:

The Kremlin’s decision to defend Syria was not purely to help Assad, analysts said. The move was largely to benefit Moscow.

Syria is important to Russia for several reasons, said Andrew Parasiliti, director of the Center for Global Risk and Security at the Rand Corporation. These include the country’s strategic geographic location in the heart of the Middle East; Russia’s naval base in the Syrian port city of Tartus, which allows access to the Mediterranean; the Hmeimim Air Base currently operated by the Russians; and the Assad regime’s role in helping to counter terrorism from jihadists who could inspire Islamist extremists on Russia’s doorstep in Central Asia, Parasiliti said.

“Putin thought that a victory in Damascus for forces he considers terrorists would be a huge victory for Islamist terrorists in the Middle East,” said Treisman, the UCLA expert.

Also, if Assad fell, that could be perceived as “victory of the West over a traditional Russian client and Putin wanted to prevent that,” Treisman said. “The intention was to preserve the credibility of the image of Russia as a reliable friend

Strange, a person who refuses to take responsibility for helping to stop WWIII. I’m proud of it, and my role in making Trump president by ensuring the warmonger Clinton didn’t get into office. Too bad you can’t take the credit you deserve, and join your friends on the right in enjoying the outcome.

Homeland security 2002 is purely evil and criminal (i.e. unconstitutional). In an effort to seek out imaginary criminals, it’s clearly and over reach and solves nothing except to make every American citizen a criminal suspect, worthy of Nazi Germany, and has solved nothing except creating justifiable rage in every citizen. It is a placebo.