Home | About | Donate

This Is How We Get Terrible Health Care

This Is How We Get Terrible Health Care

Ryan Cooper

ow that the presidential race has started (God help us), candidates have started discussing policies — and because the health care system very obviously needs another round of reform, Medicare-for-all is a hot topic. At a town hall, Kamala Harris was asked whether she would support getting rid of all private insurance companies, and she responded by noting the enormous headache of navigating the private insurance bureaucracy, and concluded: "Let's eliminate all of that. Let's move on."

0 Likes

I have but one comment here. It’s more of a personal recommendation to all of my fellow Common Dreamers.

As a lifelong veteran of the Standard American Diet or, SAD, which consists of meats, diary, and oils in addition to fruits and vegetables, my wife and I have elected to join a program offered here at the Resort Community we now live in, called, a “Healthy Eating Adventure,” which shows how to stop, and reverse the damages we do to our hearts and circulatory systems as well as other physical ailments brought on by eating excess fats in the Standard American Diet.

After just 2 1/2 weeks of an all plant based diet with no oils, I have more energy, I am sleeping better, and the foods that we are making are delicious, nutritious, and filling. Any cravings for sweets and junk food are gone.

And the best part about the wonderful new way of eating is, the way in which it greatly reduces any risk of heart disease.

I wish I could tell you more but I will say this one last thing, this all plant based diet is based on the Caldwel B. Esselstyn, Jr. M.D. book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease.

I encourage all my fellow Common Dreamers here to read the first two chapters, and then make the determination, “Would this be good for me?”

0 Likes

“… private [insurance] companies would probably still provide supplementary coverage for certain things.” Translation: the dilution of M4A.

So what would “certain things” be: hearing? vision? dental? heart transplant? a room w/a view?

So if M4A covers a hearing test but not hearing aids, eye exams but not glasses, one dental check up a year but no major dental – we’re back at square one if one would need to buy private insurance for complete care. “Supplemental coverage” will not be necessary if M4A is done right.

1 Like

Private Health Insurance insures only one thing, your wallet and bank account gets lighter while those .01% who own the Insurance Companies and their Co-partners, their wallets and bank accounts become fatter.

0 Likes

Sounds like your new diet may have some positive effect on your mental acuity too.
Does it make music sound better? Sounds like you may more frisky as well.
As I polish off my kielbasa and green beans with our favorite baked potato casserole.

1 Like

Leave private insurance intact but do not allow employers to cover employees. The healthcare insurance dialog would change considerably if everyone were dumped into the same pot.

0 Likes