Home | About | Donate

This Is Our Lane: Furious Docs Explain They're Anti-Bullet Hole, Not Anti-Gun

This Is Our Lane: Furious Docs Explain They're Anti-Bullet Hole, Not Anti-Gun

Hours before Thousand Oaks - our 307th mass shooting this year - the ever-judicious NRA decried "self-important anti-gun doctors" who want to reduce gun violence, sneering those daily laboring to pick up the gory pieces from NRA-funded carnage should "stay in their lane.” The seething response - letters, op-eds, #ThisIsEveryone'sLane hashtag full of bloody pics - was summed up by one pathologist: "Do you have any idea how many bullets I pull out of corpses weekly? This isn’t just my lane. It’s my fucking highway."

3 Likes

We’ve already had 2 Congress people shot–one from each party, a Dem woman and a GOPer man. A person would think that Congress would take this murderous gun activity seriously…maybe they do---- kind of-----but the leadership of NRA that seems demented. What will it take for some gun people, and many in the leadership of the NRA----what will it take? Does the head NRA guy have to get shot in the middle of an NRA convention before any action is taken?----Do citizens really need the kind of guns that kill whole groups of people at once? There are a whole bunch of wars going on in the world for any NRA people who have desire a strong to go out and kill groups of complete strangers. : (

To help put the NRA in perspective (the following is the lead-up to Trump’s election) - Russian group called Right to Bear Arms established ties with NRA - two of its members, Maria Butina and Alexander Torshin were also NRA members - Butina’s company worked with NRA leadership - Torshin was a Russian central banker wanted in Spain for criminal money laundering - reps from NRA travelled to Moscow (Dec. 2015) and met with Dimitry Rogozin, a radical nationalist & deputy prime minister “under U.S. sanctions”.
Feb. 2016 - Butina says to Torshin, “Trump (NRA member) really is for cooperation with Russia.” Torshin meets with Donald Trump Jr. that May - NRA soon endorses Trump and gives his campaign about 30 million.
Before Trump, NRA said American policy towards Russia was too soft. After endorsement, NRA has flipped to pro-Russia politics.
NRA-Russian collusion repeats Russian strategy of using right wing paramilitaries to further its objectives, just like it does in Hungary, Slovakia and Czech Republic.
[The above info is from The Road to Unfreedom by Timothy Snyder.]
The NRA does not represent wholesome American patriotism but is yet another corrupted, degraded organization that will sell out to whomever will aid its objectives. Far right gives us far right working with the far right.
Wake up America.

1 Like

A couple weeks ago, some white guy jumped out of his pickup truck and beat me up just because I was trying to figure out who dumped some mattresses in my front yard- after the police said they’d do nothing about it. So, I called the police again after getting beat up. I gave them the license plate number and vehicle description only to be told by the officer that there’s little chance that they’d catch the guy. So, what’s a person to do? Resort to gun violence? I’m so pissed right now I’m incapable of being a decent person. Had I known that the police wasn’t going to do anything about catching that guy, I would have fought back and it would have gotten very ugly. I can’t hardly type this without shaking with anger. The NRA needs to pull its head out of its ass and find its brain.

Sorry to hear about the violence you endured.
Stay strong - stay sane.

1 Like

The NRA has not been about responsible individual gun training, ownership, hunting, conservation, or gun repair for years. The NRA is a wholly-owned mouthpiece for firearm manufacturers - companies, not individuals - who make tons of money on every scare that goes through the public.Drugs, crime, people of color, and immigrants all get cycled through the NRA fear-mongering rumor mill. The organization, and most of its’ members, have no integrity.