Home | About | Donate

'This Is Pathetic': Progressives Furious as Schumer Rubber Stamps 15 More Right-Wing Judges for Trump

'This Is Pathetic': Progressives Furious as Schumer Rubber Stamps 15 More Right-Wing Judges for Trump

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With progressives still mobilized and angrier than ever following Judge Brett Kavanaugh's successful confirmation to the Supreme Court amid credible sexual assault allegations, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) provided further cause for fury—and added to

Dosen’t anyone understand the Dems need to campaign against Repubs stacking the courts. Its all about not having the courts stacked. After the horses are all out , someone will shut the Barn Door.

OMG! These Dems are also complicit in the coup d’ etat!!! God help us, we’re headed for the Handmaids Tale!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

No surprise here. It could have been Pelosi or any other high ranking Democrap. They are all from the same Club. The Rich. Why not find out how much Schumer was paid? That’s all that matters to All of them!

Does schumer’s perfidy and open collusion with Republicons and the extremist trump agenda really surprise anyone with even half a brain?

Schumer has always been a sellout pathetic lap-dog to DINO “centrism”, service to big-money players, corporate/banker abuses and campaign-contribution bribery, and the subversion of the Israeli state agenda over our politics - the most pervasive “meddling” and election manipulations in US elections have been the Israelis - the American people’s needs and our sovereignty take a back seat to schumers masters who he really serves!

Its way more than time these two and other DINO sellouts were removed…if only the DP had any real leadership and those not in thrall to the whole manipulated system of “seniority” and domination by the most corrupt!

Between the so-called Democratic “leadership” of schumer and pelosi and “uncle” tom perez as well as the clintonand obama camp sycophants, who needs R’Cons to screw us and sell us down the river of greed and endless for-profit war funding over our civilian needs and priorities?

Johnson sez: “Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) provided further cause for fury … by cutting a deal behind closed doors with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) late Thursday …”

So, Schumer surrendered on 15 judges so Democratic candidates could return home to campaign on having … surrendered on 15 judges? Dude is a stone-cold negotiating machine.

Democrats are paid to lose. Republicans are paid to win.

The Clinton legacy continues to destroy what is left (the word left is used ironically) of the party of FDR. Schumer, another incompetent, slimy, complicitous leftover from the Clinton era, continues to seek us down the river.
So, if there is a “blue wave” and we elect nothing but center/right Clintonians, will it really be a wave at all?

And let’s face it folks, the SCOTUS and federal appellate courts now belong to the fascists. Short of 67 senators that would be willing to impeach and replace them, what can be done. The game is lost.
The only solution is for the more progressive states to secede from the union. I know, sounds a little bleak. But desperate times call for equally desperate measures. These are indeed desperate times.

Never forget that establishment Dims are complicit with Reptilicans.

Duh. How’s that McResistance working out for ya?

“…used to have a country but they sold it down the river…” Bruce Cockburn, Mighty Trucks of Midnight

Schumer knows y’all ain’t got nowhere else to go… Enjoy!

The Big Blue Wave is now a trickle. Dems could very well have lost their chance at taking back either house of Congress. (The Senate is probably a lost cause and the House is up for grabs.)

Why doesn’t Schumer just change parties, eh. Michael Cohen (Trump aficionado) just reached through his handcuffs and changed his party affiliation to “democrat.”

Time to sit this one out?
Jim Hightower wrote a book back during the Bush II election era and it was entitled,
“If the God’s had meant us to vote, they would have given us candidates.”
I’m at the point of wondering “What if they gave an election, and nobody came”?

If I said what I’m really thinking, my comment would be deleted. The nicest thing I can say about Schumer and his followers is that they they are spineless, cowardly weaklings. I live in NY State and the City Dems just keep electing this fool Schumer. I wouldn’t vote for him for dogcatcher (a much more prestigious job these days).

I completely understand your frustration. Schumer will not change so we must get rid of him. How to do this. One, when he comes up for reelection, don’t vote for him. Let the republican win and transfer your vote to a third party candidate. This would register on the dims and maybe in 6 years they would put forth a more progressive candidate. I consider this a high risk strategy. Two, get another progressive to challenge him in the primary. I was thinking that Ms, Teachout would be an ideal candidate. Progressive, has name recognition and could raise substantial amounts of small dollar donations. She could pull it off and if she won, it would be devastating to the corporate dims. She would need financial support as I fully expect that corporate America would easily pour 100 million into the race.

Everyone here is yelling at Schumer, but he’s reflecting the will of his caucus, and it’s obvious they want to be campaigning (Bernie’s doing it now). It’s the Republicans who time hearings and set the schedule since they are the majority. This was the plan all along by McConnell, who canceled August recess to create this situation.

On a pragmatic level, it completely sucks these judges will go through, but if it’s that or the Democrats controlling the Senate, I’ll take the second. These judges will be confirmed. Control as majority means they won’t even get a hearing next time.

Progressives are furious.

Just not furious enough to stop voting for the right-of-center d-party.

I understand and know Schumer won’t change parties, that was sarcasm.

I’m not a democrat – my vote is not a given. Nor would I contribute to the Democratic party or do I live in NY. I do like Teachout and agree she’d be a great Senator.

If everyone changed their voter registration to Independent, then the D and R parties would have to work for their votes instead of spending all their time hobnobbing w/Bezos et al and dialing for dollars.

Disclaimer: I’m a far left-leaning Independent.

There are a ton of independents, most people registered in California for example, but the idea that they are magical or special because they lack specific party identification is not true. Most lean one direction or the other and vote consistently with their priors like everyone else. This has been well documented. If anything, independents are people who want to feel special by claiming independence but vote just as consistently in general as party affiliates.

I don’t know about anyone else but I’m an Independent because I do not pledge allegiance to either political party, especially the democrats. I mean, man, you people have a way of running people out of the party.

Independents are the fastest growing political party in the US. That’s a testament to the failure of our two party system. In fact, there are more registered Independents than registered Ds or Rs. Nuttin’ magical about that. If you’re looking for blame, place it where it’s due. The democratic party has been on a downward spiral since Clinton the 1st and worthless since Reagan.

At some point Independents will have to vote 3rd party or pick one side or the other, that is, if they bother to vote.