Home | About | Donate

'This Is the Agenda America Needs': Sanders Fires Back After Biden Attacks Medicare for All and Other Progressive Solutions

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/05/agenda-america-needs-sanders-fires-back-after-biden-attacks-medicare-all-and-other

4 Likes

We, the middle-class, Poor, Planet Earth, cannot survive any more Status Quo from two Wall Street Parties

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-19/biden-tells-elite-donors-he-doesn-t-want-to-demonize-the-rich

Biden Tells Elite Donors He Doesn’t Want to ‘Demonize’ the Rich

(snip)

“Truth of the matter is, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done,” Biden said. “We can disagree in the margins. But the truth of the matter is, it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living would change…

Nothing would fundamentally change,” he said.

That’s a non starter for me. We NEED massive “Fundamental Change”!!!
I’m telling ya DNC - I will not Blue No Matter Who

20 Likes

From the article:

“…Bernie Sanders responded that bold ideas will be necessary to ‘energize voters’ and defeat President Donald Trump.”

If Brand D hands the nomination to Senator Mastercard, it’s going to energize me to vote Green again.

26 Likes

and me for the first time

7 Likes

I think there should be healthcare for everyone. I have a plan how to do that that’s rational, and will cost a hell of a lot less, and will work

Does this sound like anyone we all know?

17 Likes

Bigly.

10 Likes

Get ready for four more years of Trump. On the other hand, Biden’s losing altitude a bit, though he’s still leading. Look at his graph line.

3 Likes

Biden the dark dark dark dark and corrupt face of Corporate State Democrats who for the sake of his corporate sponsors will lie and lie and lie and lie and cheat and cheat and cheat and cheat and do everything in his power to keep the masses enslaved in this cruel fucking system.

Go cluck yourself jerk.

25 Likes

he is a capitalist first and a democrat last

12 Likes

Of all Corporate State Democrats, Biden is the one that will inspire the most push back from Medicare for All advocates. He is a true poster child for how corporate money and the intentional move decades ago to go after that corporate cash has corrupted the leadership of the Democratic Party.

25 Likes

My god, is this really the democrats plan? Run an equally out of touch senile old man against the current one?
Just what the democrats need, and their hapless electorate deserves, another old codger sitting on the DNC porch screaming at the kids to get off his lawn. At the end of the day, Joe represents the what may be the last gasp of the Pro corporate Third Way.
What the voters need to do is obvious. Remind the DNC hierarchy of that bullshit corporate mantra from the 1990’s. Don’t tell me what you can’t do, tell me what you can do. And that’s what has the DNC and it’s big money backers like Saban and Schwartz shaking in their boots. They are now afraid that if they tell the voters what half assed plans they really have that 2016 will repeat itself. Of course, they could actually change and move back to the left. But that’s just crazy talk.

20 Likes

“No one’s standard of living would change…”
This needs to be broadcasted coast to coast, Biden will protect the 1% at the cost of the 99%.
That pretty much sums up Biden’s position, maybe the one thing Trump got right - “SleepyCreepy Joe”.

18 Likes

The fact that the DNC and Corporate State Democrats just can’t find it within their character to fight fascism in their midst and in fact only see their opportunity to jump even further to the right for another fucking buck, is a sure tell as to who we are dealing with. Last gasp indeed…or at least a good fantasy that this is the last gasp. Damn, reality comes crashing in.

10 Likes

I wish it was the last gasp, but alas…

7 Likes

Of course this is what we NEED, but we will never be ALLOWED to have it, This is why we are so FUCT.

Biden is dead in the water. Unfortunately it is a fetid swamp fed by blue and red tides.

Work locally for

• Public banks
  • Co-operative business models interlinking local and regional markets
  • Public transportation and in the mean time carpooling
  • engage in local politics

The more we wean ourselves from the parasitic lifestyle elements, the faster all of us will be free

12 Likes

I remember after the 2016 election that someone suggested to Pelosi that until we address the inherent problems in our capitalist economic system we could not hope to address the problems we now face as a nation. She was genuinely offended by the implication that her and our national religion of capitalism could be the problem.
You see, Nancy and Chuck, and bill and Hillary, and yes, ol uncle Joe, are all people who genuinely believe their own bullshit. They really believe that capitalism and that old Horatio Alger libertarian nonsense made them what they are today. They fail to realize that what they are are out of touch old rich white people who long ago forgot where they came from, and who their constituency is.

17 Likes

Make that Biden quote true by editing it from you all … to you the corrupt… 1% !

2 Likes

And that is the problem. The DNC is now starting to soft-sell Harris as some sort of progressive that will check all the boxes for 2020 (woman, black, pro corporate, pro war) and they just can’t seem to stop pushing the pro war, pro gun, abortion indifferent, capitalist crony that is Pete Buttigieg for the number two spot.
Even this old atheist says lord help us.

17 Likes

Inevitably , should one of the Corporatists like Biden or a Kamala Harris win the nomination for the office of President through the primaries this will occur.

People who claim themselves as progressives will insist that the left (and the genuine progressives) will have to Vote for the Democratic candidate just to ensure Trump does not win. The way it works with this crowd is this.

Although they will claim themselves as progressives , they do not feel an obligation to support the genuine progressive Candidate in the primaries yet will insist that in the Presidential election the progressives are obligated to vote for a Corporatist. If they do not do so and Trump wins again they will come out and blame those same progressives for that loss.

The question to ask these scam artists is “why should I , as a progressive , vote for a Corporatist in the Election when you claiming yourself as a progressive would not vote for a progressive in the primaries?”
Their mindset is that they are entitled to your vote , but you are not entitled to theirs.

22 Likes