Home | About | Donate

This Is the Bunny I Love: The Stellar Trolling of Mike Pence

This Is the Bunny I Love: The Stellar Trolling of Mike Pence

This week's Canny Moments of Resistance Award goes to John Oliver, who deftly stole Mike Pence's family's homophobic thunder by, hours before the release of their children's book profiling their pet rabbit Marlon Bundo’s "Day in the Life of the Vice President," released his own "Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo" - who is, gasp, gay. Oliver's book is dedicated to "every bunny who has ever felt different." It's also a swell way of "telling Mike Pence to go fuck himself." Oh, and it sold out in a day.
4 Likes

…follow the bouncing ball and sing along, we all know the tune by heart, all you need is Love…

3 Likes

Ahhh… luv ya Oliver

2 Likes
2 Likes

Fan. Tast. Ic. Absolutely wonderful! Going to buy a dozen copies and give them as gifts to my friends with children, especially my right-wing acquaintances, including my parents. If my local libraries do not have this, I’ll be donating a few copies to them as well.

I urge everyone to do the same :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah well.

2 Likes

What? A second hand emotion? To carry it further. Sorry, had too.

1 Like

Oh one of the greats! This too.

2 Likes

John Oliver -1

Mike Re-pents- Zero

1 Like

It’s hard not to be jaded but then something comes along and you just gotta swing and sing along. Follow the bouncing ball Fern :-)))

1 Like

Say what? The history of the animal kingdom, not just humans, is in total disagreement.

1 Like

I believe there is a Mastadon hunt proceeding apace somewhere that requires your immediate attention, followed by a game of “whose knuckles drag on the cave floor the lowest?”

Better get moving!

2 Likes

The reason you didn’t get a response is because you use isolated “facts” that don’t really mean anything outside a population context. And it doesn’t explain why the behavior continues to exists through out history and by different species. In other words, it has some truth but can’t be generalized or compared.

Yep, just like some have ‘innies’ and others have ‘outies’ (uh, bellybuttons) the female of the species has ‘it’ inside, while the male of the species’ ‘apparatus’ is on the outside – there may be minor differences, but they are basically The. Same. Thing!

IF God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son … to be the propitiation for OUR (yours and mine) sins why do some of us have such a difficult time extending God’s love to those we perceive as different?

1 Like

I wasn’t questioning your intention, only your process. I’ve seen college students make that same mistake because it is a functional analysis and not an easy concept to grasp. It can also be manipulated. If you want some truth about something it does work, the problem is how you interpret your new truth . It is a different way of looking at behavior from more than a biological level and it is in our nature to explore and expand our concepts.

I think the point here, is that Oliver is trying to simplify this and use respect for differences, more than one person deciding what is normal and what is not, then going one step further in isolating the “non-normal” I don’t actually know any transgender people but I would never exclude them from having shelter or being able to take a shower because they are different. Just as when I worked with disabled people that couldn’t use the bathroom by themselves. If it was a male and he needed to use the bathroom in public, I had to go into the men’s room or take them into the women’s room. I tried to make that decision on a case by case basis. Still what is wrong with that picture. There isn’t a public accommodation for somethings, but that can change. Actually, it has, there are now doors that have unisex icons.

I hope this helps. And I’m glad you find peace in your creator.

I appreciate your response as well. Indeed a troubling social context on some levels. I would use my grandfather’s concept “you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink it” but that has actually changed on a military level, you can actually make him drink it but with very bad results. In this case neutrality is considered acceptance. It is more an objection with a historical context. This isn’t as simple as changing an icon on a door. (I mean torture not sexuality or gender)

In my opinion this maybe more normal than any of us think. We haven’t exactly been an open and inclusive society.(there are other societies that don’t have these issues) So it is good to discuss it, write about it, and explore how we feel.

Again, I think I don’t question your intentions. We have a different process. I like your article mostly because it was authentic and I think we can learn from our experience and those of others. I don’t object to how you protect yourself as long as you realize that everyone needs to do that in the way they know how. Learning that when you grow up there will be people that are different than yourself is a good lesson and a life long challenge. In my case spiritual freedom works for me.

Thanks too