Home | About | Donate

'This Is What Hope Feels Like': Green New Deal Resolution Hailed as 'Watershed Moment' for New Era of Climate Action

'This Is What Hope Feels Like': Green New Deal Resolution Hailed as 'Watershed Moment' for New Era of Climate Action

Jake Johnson, staff writer

A 5-pager. Pelosi will never bring it up for a vote. Bill McKibben cheered.

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the ‘mailing it in’ that passes for the Dem platform of merely not being Trump.

Ready for a third party yet?

Be brave and don’t forget to love…

I
The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea-green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five-pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
“O lovely Pussy! O Pussy, my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful Pussy you are!”

II
Pussy said to the Owl, “You elegant fowl!
How charmingly sweet you sing!
O let us be married! too long we have tarried:
But what shall we do for a ring?”
They sailed away, for a year and a day,
To the land where the Bong-Tree grows
And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
With a ring at the end of his nose,
His nose,
His nose,
With a ring at the end of his nose.

III
“Dear Pig, are you willing to sell for one shilling
Your ring?” Said the Piggy, “I will.”
So they took it away, and were married next day
By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
They danced by the light of the moon,
The moon,
The moon,
They danced by the light of the moon.

I’m getting spammed daily by Kamala “Fraud” Harris on "green new deal’ promises.

This is such a dead end. It’s depressing.

“A 5 pager” is sooo 20th century, harkening back to pro 99% 1930s New Deal regulations and 1965 Medicare.

As exemplified by Obama’s ACA, 21st century Democrats require at least 2000 pages to accomodate corporations that bribe Congresscritters.

Hi Lilsy, My Grandmother used to sing this to me—her own music of course. And in a weird way—unless we can stop the bullet train of climate change-----"dancing by the light of the moon, " might be the only time overheated humans can emerge from their hobbit underground burrows. : (

AOC FOR PRESIDENT!

Yeah I know, but it’s a shitty law made by old, rich, white shitheads. And We the People could change it.

Hope? Call me when the legislation is enacted and funded…

Got something better you think can get passed?
Didn’t think so.

Yeah that kind of attitude gets lots done. How about getting off your fat ass and doing something yourself.

My ass is quite fit for one in his 60s, thank you, and you can plant a kiss right on it.

The long standing, comprehensive Green New Deal @AOC @EdMarkey. Acknowledge it…

#GreenNewDeal

And now it is up to us to make sure a tsunami of progressives are elected to Congress in both Houses to ensure its enhancement and passage. Running and voting for more centrist, establishment, same ol’ same ol’ politicians will no longer cut it. Run if you can. Vote because you must.

If you are in Seattle, then you must also be acutely aware that Olympia has tried three times to pass a carbon tax, each more disingenuous than the last, most recently dubbed the ‘Clean Up Environment’ or ‘Save Washington State (Government)’ Act, by legislators who had approved four oil refineries, a chemical plant, a coal strip mine and coal power plant, a chemical complex and three toxic metal smelters, all APPROVED by Olympia! How DARE THEY pretend this was an ‘environmental’ bill!?

The first paragraph states the proposed carbon tax was just a teaser and created an unaccountable unelected Board to follow the IPCC recommendations, which are right on their website, $2,700-a-CO2-ton, which for non-CALPers is $56 a gallon gas at the pump or on your heating oil bill. That’s $1,000 for your Green New Deal tank refill. That’s retail MegaDeath. That’s a Millennial Holocaust.

The second paragraph states the State will skim off whatever it chooses for administrative fees, then circulate the balance to Counties and Cities for ‘environmental programs’, that have nothing to do with carbon, and like Gore’s Carbon Credit scheme, go to 3W tinpot dictators and their generals who are clearcutting and bulldozing the last of the rainforests for their privatized ‘biofuels’ plantations, and in the process, genociding all the humans and animals living in those lost Carbon Credit rainforests.

The 853 UniParty Congress crimes and mis-direction crusades have become so egregious, they’ve bastardized the AGW theory of Arrhenius, from a moderating gradually warming climate, into some kind of evangelical End of Days mass-hysteria, ‘THE WORLD WILL END IN 12 YEARS!’, and now they’re demanding $1,700B of our last life savings, that are never coming back, for ‘net-zero carbon’, for ‘cleaning up the environment’ and for ‘re-establishing economic equality’…wait, … what,…?!

A new Corporate:State:Scientocracy Reich is not our Common Dream, it’s humankind’s nightmare. And as a degreed environmental scientist, who worked at both Fed and State EPAs, and is now a STEM teacher, I will fight tooth-and-claw to prevent them brainwashing our kids into pauperism, under some Luddite Third Temple of the Apocalypse 853 UniParty Congress pharoah-ocracy.

It’s great except for the part that says money should be paid to those UNWILLING to work. The “unable” to work was fine. But how AOC or any of them could think that we Dems or a single Republitard would EVER want our taxes to pay for those UNWILLING to work is outrageous. With that one sentence alone, she has PROVEN the old lie that “Dems just want to give welfare to everyone”. What the hell was she thinking!!!

Did you know that part of her Green New Deal calls for giving a living wage to those UNWILLING TO WORK? Yep. Look it up.

Great idea if science and engineering can meet the stated goals. Creating green energy is the easy part; storing it for peak use periods is still the problem. Will an injection of a large effort by the government be enough to overcome the engineering limits? Will it even be possible within a capitalist system? I guess it worked for the Manhattan Project. I’m also not sure these lofty goals can be met without nuclear power, I hope it can, but I have my doubts. We may have to hold our nose and accept things like nuclear power, carbon capture, and a restricted lifestyle if we are to save the planet. Vegetarianism, solar roof tops, and electric cars may assuage our conscience but actually are only a small percentage of correction needed to urgently meet the necessary temperature limits. Assuming of course, the headwinds caused by the fossil fuel industry that we’ll be battling against, doesn’t kneecap the whole effort.

Let’s turn hope into change.

Pelosi has already decided that AOC will not be on the new Climate Change panel, I don’t expect anything major coming from anything Pelosi would allow to be voted on.

Nuclear power is not a solution. Fossil power plants are privately funded and Corporate owned and operated under a Government utility rate setting body. Nuclear power plants are taxpayer funded and Corporate owned and operated under a Government utility rate setting body. But we don’t get a rebate or offset on our utility bills for having built the plants, and for paying for 250,000 years of nuclear waste storage. Corporate:State:Scientocracy is praying for nuclear.

Carbon capture is not a solution. It requires far more energy to capture than the energy from the fossil fuel that created it. It’s a net-negative solution, like corn-ethanol, which creates far more carbon than it saves. Biofuels is a shuck. It’s a jive. It’s a stealth Corporate-farming subsidy we pay for, while clear-cutting the last of the world’s rainforests for more privatized Carbon Credit biofuels plantations, that are genociding all the humans and animals bulldozed from those lost rainforests:

‘Restricted lifestyle’ is Bolshevism. Veganism is euthanasia by degree. Animals eat grains. Grains capture CO2 from the atmosphere. Animals return it again. It’s the only truly ‘renewable’ resource, …or at least it would be, until Gore’s Carbon Tax and Credit Scheme started bulldozing the rainforests.

Solar roof tops don’t work. Musk’s roof tiles was just his typical shuck and jive. Panels only ‘work’ in the middle of the summer in daylight, with massive over-production by China and massive utility rebates. This will all come to a screeching halt once the con is over. It takes 16 to 30 hours to recharge a Tesla, and even with batteries for your roof panels, the typical solar roof would take 5 DAYS to recharge EVs, while you sat in the dark, holding your knees and shivering without light or heat. Real scientists and engineers have PROVEN that even with every square meter of agriculture land covered by solar panels (at temperate latitudes), there would not be enough energy to run our existing society. EVs are coal-burning vehicles. As soon as fossil fuels go away, so would EVs.

Bill McKibben was an unemployed journalist until he discovered shock-journo End of Days, and hooked up with James Hansen, the astronomer cum administrator who needed more funds for NASA. Well, they found those funds, didn’t they? And now they want a MASSIVE Green New Deal, even bigger than the Pentagon’s New Goodfellahs Crusades of perpetual global war. If we let them, and give over our childrens’ inheritance to their Corporate:State:Scientocracy, we deserve to burn in CO2-Hell.