Home | About | Donate

This Is What You Get

This Is What You Get

The police shooting in Milwaukee of another young black man has proved "a spark to a powder keg" that is the city's longtime segregation, toxic racial climate, gross economic inequity and police abuses. The death of Sylville Smith has provoked sometimes violent protests by a community that "has nothing...To burn down something, to them, it meant, 'Do you hear us now?’” Smith's furious brother agrees: After all that came before, "This is what you get."

WTF. It's like Groundhog Day produced by the Dark Side. Another victim, and another victim, and yet another victim and on it goes, day in and day out, 24/7. The more this goes on, it becomes clear this country is a long ways off from overcoming our slave and genocidal history and the debt that is owed. And of course the more it goes on, the more desperate the oppressed become. It just breaks my heart that so many young black men and women have died in a system where they have the right to equal protection under the law.

It irks me no end, that financial corporations can steal us blind, energy corporations can rape the environment, and that they buy our elected officials to get the policies that increase their bottom lines at everybody else's expense--especially communities of color--because they used the 14th amendment's equal protection clause to get personhood rights, the very amendment passed to protect freed slaves.

This nation is on a collision course unless good white folks stand in solidarity with the movement for Black Lives.

Let us all see the unedited footage.

Did you miss the fact that the victim was SHOT IN THE BACK? Who is the REAL thug (wearing "blue")?

Walker and the Koch brothers sure have co-opted and corrupted a former bastion of progressivism, equality, and community support with their grasping, stifling, greed-fueled power plays throughout the state. LaFollette is spinning in his sepulchre.

Snyder and the Koch brothers have done the very same thing in Detroit, Flint, and the entire state of Michigan.

I am not regressive and have experienced the brutality of police firsthand when they beat the h - - - out of friend of mine who was black because he asked why they stopped him while we were walking down a street in a major NW city. (He happened to look like someone (???) that was a suspect in a home break-in...they said...likely story.) My sister and her partner were literally attacked by two police officers as they left a gay bar in Seattle...my sister was left deaf in one ear and without taste or smell as a result of the beating. I have been stopped several times because I have a bumper sticker signifying equality for ALL. And the reason they pose for the stops are ridiculous such as I did not signal to turn when I was in a marked RIGHT TURN ONLY lane with no other way to go. I live in an ultra-conservative small community where there are about eight different policing agencies within a 20 mile area (two major college campuses in two bordering states). Boy, does the testosterone start flowing in the men in blue when both campuses start up in the fall and spring. They fill their ticket quotas for a year within the span of 10 days.

And MML, how did you come to have the inside scoop on this murder? A rhetorical question that needs no further commentary from you.

Pete Seeger, Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

Pete Seeger- Sanga Music Inc -BMI

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the flowers gone?
Young girls have picked them everyone.
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Where have all the young girls gone, long time passing?
Where have all the young girls gone, long time ago?
Where have all the young girls gone?
Gone for husbands everyone.

Where have all the husbands gone, long time passing?
Where have all the husbands gone, long time ago?
Where have all the husbands gone?
Gone for soldiers everyone

Where have all the soldiers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the soldiers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the soldiers gone?
Gone to graveyards, everyone.

Where have all the graveyards gone, long time passing?
Where have all the graveyards gone, long time ago?
Where have all the graveyards gone?
Gone to flowers, everyone.

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the flowers gone?
Young girls have picked them everyone.
More Peter, Paul & Mary lyrics

Umm, no. He was shot in the chest and arm. From the front. As he was raising a weapon.

Stop spreading lies. Not gonna help your agenda. there's people out there who are still on the fence about this. Blatantly lying to them is not good way to win them over.

Please document your claim that "the weapon was stolen." Why would he have a carry permit for a stolen weapon?

Thanks for a good bit of vital information that I hadn't gotten elsewhere. I only wish you'd chosen a title that made it clearer what the topic is.

Thug? Philandro Castille ran the lunchroom in a Montessori school. No one disputed that he had a permit. And this article includes video of Sedan Smith showing his brother's permit. These are people with names. Please document your claims or shut up.

Testosterone mixed with adrenaline from the documented and not uncommon steroid use by police.

"Lengthy arrest record a series of nine tickets and arrests for offenses ranging from speeding, driving without insurance and not using a seat belt to drug charges and one "recklessly endangering safety" shooting case that was later dismissed."