Home | About | Donate

'This Is Why People Hate Congress': With Buried Provision in Must-Pass Farm Bill, House GOP Uses Last Days in Power to Block Yemen Vote

'This Is Why People Hate Congress': With Buried Provision in Must-Pass Farm Bill, House GOP Uses Last Days in Power to Block Yemen Vote

Julia Conley, staff writer

As the U.S. Senate prepared Wednesday to vote on a resolution to cut military support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen, House Republicans in their last days in power moved to undermine efforts to end U.S. complicity in the assault that's dragged on for more than three years in the impoverished country.

3 Likes

These people are fine people THEY DESERVE JUSTICE!

There comes a time when campaign money and bought representatives take a look at reality and change priorities accordingly. Make no mistake, the ‘derivatives’ model is slicing and dicing EVERY instance of decision making to squeeze advantage for campaign donors. Otherwise, the facts would speak truth to power. The mafia model is in its heyday - koch addicted, gambling like Sheldon Adled son and with it the spiral to destruction that at least one ‘concigliere’ has been confronted with how the karma is to play out.

Don’t let them suck you into their forms of slick violence. Stand strong and keep pushing.

Dec 11 update from Doctors Without Borders
Medical Figures, March 2015 to October 2018

91,574 people with injuries related to war and violence treated in MSF facilities
973,095 emergency room patients received at MSF-run and supported facilities
76,436 surgeries
34,189 children admitted to pediatric wards
64,032 babies delivered
232,576 general consultations for internally displaced people
114,646 suspected cholera cases
14,130 cases of malaria treated
14,370 cases of malnutrition treated:
2 Likes

There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part. You can’t even passively take part! And you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you’ve got to make it stop! And you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it — that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all! - Mario Savio - Berkeley 1964

11 Likes

I’m sure the Democrat party will raise uproars over this injustice…Face it Dems only supported ending the war on Yemen because they knew this vote would die. It is just optics, same as usual.

9 Likes

This is what I mean about Amerika being a military dictatorship; a war profiteering,fascist, empire!

3 Likes

Ryan should be sent to Yemen to work on the ground with those who have been injured in this terrible war. Oh - but I forgot - he’s a coward like most of the congress people. They only know how to support violence - not deal with the consequences. They should get out from behind their desks and away from their K street friends and see how the real world is.

5 Likes

MCH, you see the Demo…rats game!

4 Likes

It has been militaristic since day one.

1 Like

Pure Evil!

Murder and Mayhem Rule the Republican Party.

No Soul, No Heart, No Reason For Them To Live.

4 Likes

When Chomsky called the Republican Party: " THE MOST DANGEROUS ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD" he nailed it and so does your post.

5 Likes

True. Like some of my Native American friends say: our people have been fighting terrorism since 1492!

2 Likes

They - the republicans - are pretty much in control of the US government. It is, therefore, pretty much an abomination of corruption. Of course the democrats are corrupt but the republicans seem to have fine tuned corruption while combining it with their right wing Christian ideology. I think they are much more evil and dangerous than we could ever imagine. The political class as a whole is wrong-headed, power mad and not really insightful enough to make the changes the world needs. We really need movements outside of politics that push hard for social change to the point that politicians are forced to do what it right instead of what accommodates only their interests.

3 Likes

It does not matter if three quarters of Americans are repulsed and disgusted by blood lust for killing more innocent civilians.

Representative democracy represents capital even if 99% of the people are grossed out by what the federal government does with smart bombs dropped on totally innocent people.

The US government is a military empire that holds power by killing innocent people 24/7 world-wide.

3 Likes

I have a T-shirt, my favorite, which shows a picture of Geronimo and some of his warriors, and underneath, it says, “Fighting Terrorism since 1492”.

And yes, I know he wasn’t around in 1492, and neither did the First Nations have rifles then, as some who want to sabotage the message point out.

2 Likes

That would be democracy and apparently we tried that and it came out the other side a subverted, unrecognizable creature that is of no use to no one. The creatures we put in power do not do our bidding, they cater to a rich class, a corporate class, and an increasingly fascist-like class of greedy bastards devoid of any moral authority including the God they pretend to honor.

2 Likes

I read someone the other day touting that Israel should be allowed to reclaim all lands and kick out all Palestinians. In that case all lands of the present U.S.A. should be returned to the native Indian tribes and all invaders and their ancestors should be deported back to where we came from.

3 Likes

Yes, and if the Republicans start a nuclear war, which in my estimation, would not surprise me, most Americans will come to realize your post.

B.S.- Your analysis leads, hopefully, to an acute case of ass paralysis. Then, your G-I tract will completely resemble your brain’s malfunction. Just wishin’. P.S. Pucker up, I got just the place you can kiss.
FYI- It’s the Democratic Party.
BTW- Prove your assertions, your Rovian remarks reveal your flag’s true colors.

I don’t refer to them as the Democratic Party because there is nothing Democratic about them. They are in the pockets of oligarchs, same as the Republicans.

1 Like