Home | About | Donate

This One Bird for Sanders: World Peace, Political Revolution, and the Sparrow

This One Bird for Sanders: World Peace, Political Revolution, and the Sparrow

Jon Queally, staff writer

The presidential campaign of Bernie Sanders received its smallest (though not least consequential) endorsement yet on Friday as a very small bird took to the podium while he delivered a speech to thousands of people gathered at the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon.

Only in hometown.

Bird was NSA drone, keeping an eye on him.

A beautiful omen. The Spirit World votes for Sanders!

Trump! Trump! Trump!
they chant
an echo of history
the sound of jackboots on stone.

Civilization and the informed
take a different view
nature itself joining in the growing uproar --
the cardinal on the limb singing

Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!

Exactly!

Imagine if that happened to Trump, him ducking for cover under a pile of secret service agents, one of them batting the bird away. Bernie played this beautifully. He just acted himself.

"Okay, that did it. I'm endorsing Bernie Sanders"--Elizabeth Warren

It certainly is generating some creative tweets. Here's my favorite so far:

Good one, made me laugh

One awesome picture, the planet has spoken, mother earth endorses Sanders

After this, how can Bernie not become the next POTUS. Contrast this endorsement with the obscene one which Cloonies et. al. gave to Hillary.

I rest my case!

Nature trusts Bernie too.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

And on Good Friday too. Makes one think of the bird that flew down and landed on Jesus after he was baptized, and the voice of God "This is my beloved son with whom I am well-pleased"

Which makes me think of Joseph Campbell:

“We have today to learn to get back into accord with the wisdom of nature and realize again our brotherhood with the animals and with the water and the sea. To say that the divinity informs the world and all things is condemned as pantheism. But pantheism is a misleading word. It suggests that a personal god is supposed to inhabit the world, but that is not the idea at all. The idea is trans-theological. It is of an undefinable, inconceivable mystery, thought of as a power, that is the source and end and supporting ground of all life and being.”

How can you NOT like Bernie? What a cool, genuine guy.

Noble Sir, I knight thee "Friend to all Animals."

Let thy armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky...

Birds for Bernie !

And then there is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QEy0mxfFaM&feature=youtu.be

This little birdie, going viral, is a better endorsement for Bernie, than any powerful politician could possibly give him. :slight_smile:

Hilarious!