Home | About | Donate

"Those of Us Who Don’t Die Are Going to Quit": A Crush of Patients, Dwindling Supplies and the Nurse Who Lost Hope

Sorry, I mistakenly thought you were responding to my second post (re “Triage”), not the first one (re “Acyclovir”).   Your post is spot on.

(There are so many posts here on CD that I try to quote at least a little of the post to which I’m responding, just to avoid this sort of confusion.)

1 Like

Thank you for straightening that out. If you go to pubmed, dot gov, look under keywords that come up related to ones like resveratrol and coronavirus , SARS-CoV-2, stilbenes, SARS,MERS,COVID-19, stilbenoids, and ALL of the pathologies that COVID-19 causes with very few exceptions, you’ll find a remarkable match. Even the obscure symptoms caused by COVID-19 seem to be addressed in some other conditions by it and closely related substances. Reveratrol may be able to act as both antiviral and immunomodulator. And its “side effects” as it were are mostly positive if one keeps to reasonable doses. (up to 1 gram/day) If the situation with RESV is similar to the situation with pseudorabies virus in piglets, even much smaller doses are likely to cause substantial reduction in disease severity.

Resveratrol has substantial antiviral activity. I think this kind of treatment is where we will end up.

We need to investigate it. We cant go through this hunt for a vaccine which will soon become ineffectual due to CoV mutations, everytime a new coronavirus comes along.