Home | About | Donate

"Those People": Trump Plays to White Nationalism from North Korea to NFL

"Those People": Trump Plays to White Nationalism from North Korea to NFL

Juan Cole

Trump’s dreary tweetstorm on Saturday was intended to gain him popularity with white supremacists and the covert racists on the right of the Republican Party, through beating up on uppity black athletes and impudent yellow peril Orientals. He ended up saying.

Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!

Professor Cole strikes another blow for sanity and decency. Thank you, sir. I wish you were our President!

I myself am a white Christian, and I can only attest to this, the Hate that spews forth from the snout of the Ginger Pig, is in no way, shape, or form related to Christianity.

He is an abomination to all things holy.

Cole is on the money. The one criticism I have is that the Puerto Rico voted to maintain the status that it has. It has not been imposed on them by the Untied State. They could vote to become an independent country. But getting back to Trump, he uses every opportunity he has to attack non-whites (as defined by his followers). Ever since he claimed Obama was not born in the US this has been his central strategy. If nothing else he has proven that the racist vote is something to be reckoned with. He is trying to make it okay to be racist in public. It is absolutely critical that he does not succeed.

Humpy Dumpty sat on a wall,

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,

And all the King’s horses,

And all the King's men,

Couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again!

Donald Trump is a syphilis.

trump is just making things worse by his threats. We do not have security any more due to him. It’s scary to live in this country now.

Trump the obnoxious blowhard is allowed to say almost anything by his handlers. As long as he follows their war dictates like nearly the entire cesspool called representative government has hopped on the warmongering bandwagon to further their rotten political careers. Both parties suck and are in complete cahoots. Murderers one and all.

A “chancre” may be a more accurate descriptive term geronimo…keep up the good work and comments!

Written beautifully. Cease being associated with either party of the Duopoly.

Join your local chapter of the Green Party if there’s one in your county and work for helping elect local, state, and federal level candidates.

I guarantee you’ll never feel ashamed again for voting for corrupt warmongering weasels.

While the author is, for the most part, correct, there is one group he attacks regardless of color. Women. Everything he supports, especially eliminating the ACA, is a direct attack against female human beings. Now, here’s an idea - all women join with all non-white folk and maybe we can take the Predator-in-Chief down, along with his buddies.

Trump just mouths words that are meant to be an encouragement to his base, as many have said, but in many cases he doesn’t give a damn about what he says unless he is directly challenged, like Kim Jong Un does. I think his administration appears to be in chaos, in large part, because he does this, changing messages over and over again, trying to “pat the message into place” exactly as he thinks it will please his supporters most. He has America running around like idiots, trying to make sense of him.

Maybe others have just seen this clearly, but I just caught on. I have heard commentators say that his words don’t matter, that we should look to his actions, but mostly we make war with Trump because of his words.