Home | About | Donate

Thousands Sign Petition to #BanBannon from UK Amid Former Trump Aide's Push to Spread Far-Right Extremism in Europe

Thousands Sign Petition to #BanBannon from UK Amid Former Trump Aide's Push to Spread Far-Right Extremism in Europe

Julia Conley, staff writer

In just three days, a petition in the United Kingdom aimed at keeping right-wing operative and former Trump advisor Steve Bannon from entering the country has gathered more than half the signatures it needs in order for the government to issue a formal response.

"Steve Bannon is a far-right political figure who poses a direct risk to the security of the U.K.," reads the petition started by a British citizen named Bruce Johnston. "He should not be allowed to enter the UK to spread messages of hate."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-bannon-charles-koch-apos-103627144.html

In this article today Bannon tells Koch to shut up and get with the program. Koch is expressing consternation at problems with trade, even suggesting he may work with democrats.

It reminds me of a student who came to me upset one day. She said, “Is it true that the whole world is controlled by just a few people?” Back then, news outlets were whispering about the Illlerati.
Well, it may be, I said. But there are many of them… As long as two or more selfish people are trying to do something, they will quarrel and fail. You can bet on it. I told her not to worry, but to find a way to help the world.

But to another student, who complained about worrying all the time, feeling depressed, I said the opposite. I told her that worrying is the way people figure out how to solve problems. If people go around feeling everything is dandy, how can they find out what is wrong and fix it?

Seriously, buy local when you can. Use the prices as an excuse to reduce plastics use, excess packaging, and excess transportation. Try out your city’s buses…if they have any.

Followup from HuffPo via ,yahoo.com:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attacks-apos-globalist-apos-102912031.html