Home | About | Donate

Thousands Take to Streets in More Than 70 Cities Across US to Protest Trump's "Reckless Acts of War" Against Iran

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/04/thousands-take-streets-more-70-cities-across-us-protest-trumps-reckless-acts-war

3 Likes

The protests that went ignored by both US and Iran.

“There was one slogan that was raised which stated that Iran and the U.S. are two sides of the same coin.”

“…the main current of the popular demonstrations in Iraq has been aimed against all violations of national sovereignty, whether by the US or by Iran…”
https://www.wspus.org/2020/01/war-with-iran-teetering-on-the-brink/

Trump has now effectively silenced that democracy movement.

5 Likes

Now it is necessary for Trump and his minions to make it look like Iran attacked innocent American civilians. Stay away from places like The World Trade Center.

9 Likes

If I didn’t have a 101.5 temperature and felt like being a punching bag, I’d have most gladly joined these fine folks.

The Flu sucks.

12 Likes

CD documents America’s military-industrial complex (the 3 major weapons manufactures’ stock spikes), with a vengeance. Congrats! Maybe Bernie and Progressives should use this correlation to expose Biden and all the pro-war Democratic Party elite.
And not to forget Julian Assange and Chelsie Manning, who first exposed it in 2010 “Collateral Murder.”
The murder continues.

10 Likes

Stay home and take good care of yourself. There are plenty of folks out there.

4 Likes

And keep track of Erik Prince

7 Likes

Theraflu and Whisky (double)
And stay on the couch

Feel better brother

4 Likes

Jimmy Dore on the MSM. Again excellent points made about the fraudulent rationale for this assassination. Needless to say the MSM act as stenographers.

11 Likes

A few of us turned out today in northern VT. More will come as we build a force across the global community.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/war-with-iran/

5 Likes

The U.S. MIC could drone the Queen of England and nothing would be done. We are exceptional.

2 Likes

The MSM has been… and is now… nothing but a cabal of high paid news presstitutes and whorespondents that have sold out to the Fascist, Oligarchy.

9 Likes

Hello Jake Johnson and Everyone,
I hope that someone somewhere will be alive to write the history of WWIII. This will be one of the triggers to it. What part of the global population will survive. A tiny sliver would be my guess. Somewhere between 1 million and possibly 50 million. The rest of us will be “living”/residing while dead in our last location. One of the 10 circles of Hell!!

2 Likes

Because it worked so well in 1991 and 1992, and again in 2001, 2002, and 2003…

Guess it’s time again for us to ever-so-politely ask them if they would be so kind as to possibly consider not invading a foreign nation in which lots of brown people who have a different culture than we do here live.

5 Likes

Trump just created the perfect opportunity for Bernie to finally take the lead in the Democratic presidential primary. Today was only the beginning of pro-peace rallies. Bernie’s popularity has reached critical mass and will now grow exponentially, and there is not anything the status quo establishment can do to stop it.

2 Likes

We’ve seen this movie before. Street protests do nothing.

7 Likes

Especially when the MSM ignores and blacks them out. What is your positive solution?

2 Likes

The people responsible for this war crime are not normal people; they are psychopathic, Satanic, and won’t be persuaded by anything but force. I’m not sure people realize just how sick hardcore Zionists are. They will sacrifice all of humanity for their state; they’re the most mendacious, evil force in the world–what the Muslims call “ad Dajjal”, which all of humanity must rise up against to defeat. That may sound dramatic, but I don’t know how else to describe what we’re dealing with here.

7 Likes

In order to be successful–in order to be shocking enough for Americans to wake up and actually change their government–people in the streets are going to have to die, unfortunately. That is unconscionable to us “civilized” people, however, so we will continue to protest politely and in an organized fashion (like, let’s schedule a protest on a Sunday afternoon two months from now; that will give us time to get the permits and charter buses and get the in-laws to clear their schedules so they can watch the kids, etc.).

2 Likes

Take care of yourself. The flu does suck. Hope you are feeling better soon!

1 Like