Home | About | Donate

Threat to Free Speech

Threat to Free Speech

Ron Forthofer

There is a Senate bill, along with a companion bill in the House, working its way through Congress with strong bipartisan support, that poses a significant danger to free speech. One would think this bill would be a big deal but, surprisingly, the bill has not received much coverage in the mainstream media.

Fortunately the American Civil Liberties Union is alert to efforts undermining free speech. Thus, in a July 20th article on the ACLU website about S. 720/H.R. 1697, the Israel Anti-Boycott Act, Bryan Hauss, Staff Attorney, wrote:

Oh my God! A foreign government undermining our Congress and the right to free speech? I guess that is not as bad as a foreign country exposing secret emails exposing corruption within the Democratic Party. Wait a second. I remember now that it is all right for foreign governments to undermine democracy as long as they are corporate ‘allies’ who support the MIC and undermine the will of the people.
Can somebody please create a simple website like CorporateShills.com or Corporate Traitors.com so that we can easily check the website at our leisure and identify corporate shills misrepresenting themselves as representatives of the 99% before it becomes illegal to criticize those same corporations? Also isn’t it about time that we outlaw AIPAC as a sponsor of terrorism?

They can pry my right to “Free Speech” from my cold dead fingers.

We can let sold out politicians make the rules, or we can do make them ourselves:

It seems Free Speech is under attack from right and left. When so-called leftists began preventing right-wing speakers from publicly speaking it was a very bad sign. Now Congress is getting in the act in a friendly, bi-partisan way.

If this bill goes through, American ideals are DEAD. MLK got it wrong. It’s not “an arc of history”, it’s a pendulum.

The Sold Out Flag Pin Suits in Our Congress are in overdrive Undermining our Constitutional Rights.

File this one right next to the Law that Criminalizes anyone Photographing, or Reporting on, Animal Abuse at Factory Food Farms and Slaughterhouses.