Home | About | Donate

Threatening 'Swift' Retaliation if US, Israel, or Allies Probed, Trump Celebrates ICC's Rejected War Crimes Probe as 'Major International Victory'

Threatening 'Swift' Retaliation if US, Israel, or Allies Probed, Trump Celebrates ICC's Rejected War Crimes Probe as 'Major International Victory'

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

President Donald Trump on Friday called the International Criminal Court's decision not to probe alleged war crimes in Afghanistan, including those committed by U.S. troops and the CIA, "a major international victory," and issued a not-so-subtle against any entity that would attempt to investigate "American, Israeli, or allied personnel for prosecution."

His statement reads, in full:

0 Likes

Pitiful … considering the US is not a signatory party.

3 Likes

Kids in cages, green light for torture, environmental destruction, Betsy Devos, Stephen Miller, Mnuchin, McConnell, and a blathering fool as president. A dark, dark, day in a country I used to be proud of.

10 Likes

Just as Ecaudor’s Evan Moreno was first threatened and then offered " debt relief " by The Uniparty’s hatchet men, so to are ICC employees offered America’s version of " the stick or the carrot ", pretty much. Mostly stick here, though.
Is this what OhBummer’s " circular firing squad " remarks, in front of a German audience last week, looks like? Not a peep from former members of The OhBummer Adm. on this. We can only hope they have the courage to actually shoot each other. I’d settle for just reading about that.
Maybe Near A.Tantrum, from Think Progress vote for War Criminals, can tear herself and John Podesta away from Sen. Sanders’ tax forms long enough to explain why The Clinton Foundation took $$$ ( mega-bucks really ) from Saudi Arabia and Qutar. Oops, we riffraff aren’t supposed to ask those kind of ??s, sorry.

6 Likes

ICC, UN, Dodo Bird. The trifecta!

4 Likes

Today’s Democracynow! with Chomsky is worth the watch as it illustrates the US arrogance and how it threatens us all:

5 Likes

Hey Doc…lance that giant zit I’ve got on my ass…Please?

0 Likes

More evidence confirming how far corporate fascism has spread !

The military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) doesn’t want ANY bad PR.

6 Likes

We are living under a cloud of manufactured fear. For me, I first noticed this with the run up to the war with Iraq. I became more clear during speech by Chris Hitchens. He went about warning the audience to be careful of their poo-pooing of W. I thought, “you coward”, and lost any respect I had for him.

2 Likes

Making the world safer for war criminals

2 Likes

Pompeo is a Mafia capo,and Bolton is a very sick man. We can’t let them bully the world. It istimeto push back.

6 Likes

The President said there is only one law. There are no laws. I quit writing as much because I’m so mad and I just cuss or rehash old themes, communal knowledge but it is pretty staggering when the President tells the world the truth. America is above all law. The pendulum needs to swing back rapidly. I don’t like what I’m hearing from Bernie. Britain is teetering in a Brexit bisection and I may hold onto hope for alien intervention rather than carbon digesters. This is off base but all the privatization of the military and NASA stops all public information from Freedom of Information Act requests. We have no idea. Good luck.

4 Likes

America has now becom Mystery Babylon, the land of injustice, bigotry, greed, lies and tyranny where we worship an evil and massively cruel god called Mammon, the All-Devourer. Repent Americans, the real God of all of mankind and man not so kind is watching you and He knows the massive evil that we are collectively committing. Those who care about doing good and righteousness need to stand up and fight this now, before it’s too late.

1 Like

We have seen a video of American soldiers slaughtering innocent civilians thanks to the bravery of Chelsea and Julian. Even with this proof, there will be no consequences for the guilty. Imagine all the torture and murder that is never seen. Whistleblowers know what is in store for them if they reveal the crimes of our Empire. God bless America, Really?

6 Likes

Exit stage right or left. Leave the barbaric and grotesque US to do what it wants without people.

Twenty-one million people killed by US pirate marauders since the end of ww2.

The number tells the story. No interpretation required.

3 Likes

When were you proud? When we killed the indigenous people, civil war, spanish american slaughter,ww1,ww2,korea,Nam,panama,grenada,Iraq 1 and 2,Afghanistan, torture,rendition, etc etc.

3 Likes

Typical from Donnie Bone Spurs.

0 Likes

An outrage. A friggin’ (do you know what that word means?) outrage! Just when I think I can’t get any more ashamed of the US government, those filthy baztrd psychopathic bullies prove me wrong.

Military people know what I mean when I say where is Kelly when we need him.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that, Gio. After watching it today, I sent it on to several friends and family and begged them to watch it. Noam’s been my hero for over 5 decades and never fails to endear himself more & more to me. How does he stay so calm? I went to see Amy when she came to my city a few weeks ago. After the speech, I asked her and Denis how they stay sane. Both answered, “Who says I’m sane?”

He paints the picture pretty clearly. Hopefully, readers here will take the time to watch the program.

1 Like

Absolutely exactly. A vile procession of governments, from the beginning.
I wish groups of veterans who regret what they did in US wars /actions would go public and tell wethepeople and potential recruits their horrific truths…about war and our filthy lying leaders and puppeteers.

2 Likes