Home | About | Donate

Three Clicks and You're Out

Three Clicks and You're Out

Christopher Brauchli

“Home! And this is my room—and you’re all here! And I’m not going to leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all! And—Oh, Auntie Em—there’s no place like home!”
Words spoken by Dorothy upon returning to Kansas from the Land of OZ.
— L.Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

What's the matter with Kansas? Humbug indeed.

"On May 19, 2015, it was reported that the legislature had decided to make itself the arbiter of Kansas Supreme Court decisions. In 2014 the legislature passed a law that took away from the Missouri Supreme Court the right to control the budgets and leadership of local courts because the legislature wanted that control to be local. A Kansas judge sued to invalidate that law and the case is now pending. If successful, control of all state courts would be returned to the Kansas Supreme Court which would be in accordance with the Missouri Constitution.."

So the Kansas Legislature passed a law that took away from the Missouri Supreme Court the right...Wow that's a pretty powerful legislature.

A Kansas judge sued...If successful, control of all state courts would be returned to the Kansas Supreme Court which..is.in accordance with the Missouri Constitution.

Do you think Mr. Brauchli is having a bit of fun?. A laugh is always good therapy.

Great satire, Mr. Brauchli. Using the OZ metaphor works brilliantly to portray the dingdongs at the wheel in that state today.

How is it that the people being elected to state legislatures are becoming more and more bizarre in their behaviors? It's freaky. I am used to some loonies, but now any show of sanity and common sense is the anomaly.

I saw that bizarre paragraph as well and had copied it to comment on but as you have done so, I'll just add this: I think that the author has exploited a little known worm hole that exists in the interstitial spaces of fantasy novels to transport him from Oz and Dorothy to Wonderland and Alice. We always knew Dorothy was from Kansas but we now know Alice was from Missouri which explains her investigative zeal.