Home | About | Donate

Three More Reasons for Wealth-Deprived Americans to Take to the Streets

Three More Reasons for Wealth-Deprived Americans to Take to the Streets

Paul Buchheit

It's starting to happen, as teachers around the country are fighting back against income and wealth inequality. At least 3 of every 4 Americans have been cheated out of a share of U.S. productivity since the 1980s. The approximately one of four Americans who have prospered, especially those in the top 5%, generally don't seem to care much about inequality, and instead hang onto delusions about their own self-worth and the struggles of people who "don't work hard enough."

Sounds like it is time for a revolution.

There is no money to fix cities and pay for services.Taxes will go up thru hidden fees like speed cameras , bridge tolls, water etc and all kinds of taxation thru Privatization .

Ah yes, speed cameras. That blight is working its way through all the little broken down communities here.

I was the victim of a hit and run driver (that caused $2,000 damage to my 15 year old car) that occured 30’ from a red light camera in a Seattle intersection two years ago.

The police department told me that a private company owned the cameras and the cops had no access to anything those cameras record unless I wanted to pay a lawyer to attempt to get access. The court can get camera recordings only when a cited driver contests their citation.

This is another example of how the Duopoly buys votes.

Lack of accountability of private corporations to pay taxes depriving the public of basic services is one thing but the “private wealth” is also stealing the natural resources of water, minerals, airways while polluting what they neglect to usurp.

People should have seen this in the early 80’s. I was in my early 20’s with no econ class behind me and it was readily apparent what the long term game plan was. If you were an independent student like me,it was clear. Or a black person maybe trying to make it one more rung up the ladder.
I watched white suburbia sit on their asses, buy stuff, and move into a wish-think world where they simply tuned out stuff that was big and looming.
Well, now it’s here and there’s nowhere for most to run. Anyone who even once voted Republican, or thought somehow all this would pass had their head up their ***. What are we going to do NOW?

Walter we are now at the crossroads, the answer (you probably already know) my friend is fight or die.

Mary I totally agree, I’ve said for years all natural resources should be nationalized. All citizens should benefit from anything removed from our lands. I also believe this would reduce pollution caused by this extraction.

I’m afraid realistically most will not fight. The fight has been sucked out of Americans, and they themselves are mostly responsible for it. Except for the young. Many of who, although lacking much of a vocabulary for it, know they are getting a facade of a society, they just don’t know exactly what to do.

I said that at age 14, 1972. I thought then, this is madness–any natural resource which is finite should be state owned. No ifs, ands, or buts. All of them. Any other course is illogical for humans.

Hey Steven, this issue is one of the few things my backwards state has done right. The state govt. banned the use of speed cameras right after the PsyOp we call 9/11. Don’t know how long the ban will hold, because the reason for it was the local govt’s wouldn’t make enough money.
I wonder if any other states or local govt, have done this also.

I’m trying to be positive about it, and hope when most Americans get backed far enough into the corner, they will come out swinging. At other times I agree, we are doomed.

Rebirth of the original Boston tea party cry:NO TAXATION THROUGH PRIVATIZATION and withouthout representation - End Citizens United

That speaks volumes. I’m sure the tactics and timing are no accidental burp.

Sniegowski misinterpreted the zoning ordinance, misread township planning and zoning board decisions or misunderstood the township’s position regarding Nestle’s application, the township argues.”

And it still passed - can you say snyde® flip of the bird to governance in Michigan?

Low Energy, High Profits: How Privatizing Public Utilities Left Us All in the Dark
“More than a generation after President Ronald Reagan barked at his subordinates, “Don’t just stand there; undo something!” government officials from South Africa to southern California have embarked upon an unprecedented dismantling of the public sector.”

300 million more reasons:

https://twitter.com/BasicIncomeBrit

What the author says is important, but his delivery is terrible. His articles are more an eye-sore than anything

America

The land of opportunism