Home | About | Donate

Three Strategies to Defend GOP Health Bill: Euphemisms, False Statements, and Deleted Comments

Three Strategies to Defend GOP Health Bill: Euphemisms, False Statements, and Deleted Comments

Charles Ornstein

This story was co-published with Stat and Kaiser Health News.

Earlier this month, a day after the House of Representatives passed a bill to repeal and replace major parts of the Affordable Care Act, Ashleigh Morley visited her congressman’s Facebook page to voice her dismay.

As this article points out, calling the GOP health bill is another Orwellian, oxymoron for morons; it should be called what it really is: GOP DEATH BILL!

“You never had my vote and this confirms why.”

Ahh--don't write that! You're supposed to say, "Before this vote, I was one of your most ardent supporters." Make them think they lost somebody.

“There are quite a number of changes in the AHCA that take effect within the next three years...”

The context implies that having no changes in the first three years of trumpcare would be a good thing, a perspective I strongly disagree with. I wish all of the changes that the Republican bill proposes would be instituted immediately. That way, all of the people who will be affected will find out right away...think that wouldn't have political consequences in 2018 and beyond? Instead, we have a system that is designed to minimally impact mid-term elections. I was heartened to see that people will begin to be pushed off the roles just in time for the presidential elections...that ought to have people talking as they begin to see that they are among those who will lose something. It sure seems like some in the GOP are in a mighty hurry to commit political suicide. Now, perhaps, we will get the change we deserve and have universal health care. Go Bernie!