Home | About | Donate

Three Trump Speeches and the Death of a Nation

Three Trump Speeches and the Death of a Nation

Michael Winship

Donald Trump is not a president but he plays one on TV. And a terrible one at that.

Watching him last week during what were, arguably, the worst of many horrible days of this presidency, was to see pure, rampaging id. Aggressive, needy, without logic or reason, Trump continues to rule with ignorance and incoherence, seemingly oblivious to the havoc he causes or maybe just thoroughly enjoying it. Whether his new chief of staff John Kelly, a career Marine officer, can bring order and discipline — drop and give me 20, Trump — remains to be seen.

Special Counsel Mueller has issued Grand Jury Subpoenas and all Trumps Lawyer can say is, "There is no evidence that the President is under investigation. "

Mr. Mueller, please Drop Kick these fucking assholes, into Guantanamo.

Make sure you bump their heads when you throw them in the police car!

For over 40 years I’ve been a Simon and Garfunkel fan, and a few lines from their song The Boxer come to mind, as the song is apt,

"I have squandered my resistance for a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises.
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest… " (1969)

Prescient poetry, so applicable to Trump and his minions today. All lies and jest indeed.

He should have stuck to building hotels and golf courses. Why would he know anything about running a country? He doesn’t even read books. He has a job that has been more than challenging for people with many years in government. Why would anyone think that a guy with no experience, with the attention span of a two-year old and maybe less, a known scam artist, who has all kind of psychological issues would be a good fit for president?

Chump sez: “And I said with the exception of the late great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any president that’s ever held this office.”

Holy crap. Did he just place himself second to another human being?

I daresay you’ve buried your lede, Mr. Winship.

SORRY TO BE SHOUTING, WELL MAYBE, BUT

WHY ARE THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES PAYING FOR THE CORRUPT TRUMP TO GO ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL? DO YOU ALL KNOW HOW MUCH THIS COSTS?

YOU ARE PAYING FOR HIM TO TRAVEL AROUND AND DISRUPT YOUR CONSTITUTION AND GOVERNMENT.

AND, BY THE WAY, YOU NEED TO **_HOLD THE REPUBLICAN PARTY FOR THEIR CYNICAL AND CORRUPT SUPPORT OF CANDIDATE TRUMP"

HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ELECTED IF IT WASN’T FOR THEM.

why is this happening?

Well, don’t forget, he’s just told his plan to falsify information on Iran’s compliance with the “Nuclear Deal,” and throw even more sanctions on that nation.
*The orange turd wants to be at war with Iran before December! I’m sure the Black Op departments of the CIA and the Pentagon are right now working on a plan. Its right up their alley.
*I think we’ve just about run out of time. Impeachment is difficult as the Senate and Congress are pretty well tarred with the $ame brush by the Oilagarchy, but there must be a way for We the People to clean out that rat’s nest and get our real government back.
*The alternative is to live as serfs in a Fascist/Nazi nation until somebody pushes the button, and those who live through it and beat their radiation exposure eventually starve in a nuclear winter.
*I fear We the People are the only force that can overcome this mess before it is too late, but we are balancing on a knife blade already.
;-})

““The fundamental problem is that Donald Trump is an outsider president who has shown he has no idea how to govern — who, more than any of his predecessors, desperately needs to empower a chief of staff as first among equals to execute his agenda and tell him hard truths.”

Seriously?

No. the fundamental problem is that der Gropenführer is a mentally ill person in charge of a mentally ill country. He’s afflicted with Malignant Narcissism, a combination of the symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Anti-Social PD. It also infects the US, so his behavior is only marginally worse than the daily existence that we’ve gotten so used to we hardly see it any more. Until we admit that that’s the problem, we’ll get nowhere fixing it.

Amerika is getting the best representative of its own ideology. It’s been an idiotic, bullying nation for decades, and Trump is a perfect representative of that. The last several administrations have acted like the Cheeto in Chief in actions, slaughtering innocents in other nations with impunity, as Amerikans cheered them on. “Git them terrrrrrists, no matter what the cost to our nation in dollars or in LIVES!” “Thank you for your service!” (Of slaughtering innocents in the name of FREEDUMB for the corporate owners of the world.)
Amerika was founded on a lie, and has been a big fat lie ever since. Our founding document allowed the OWNERSHIP and ABUSE OF OTHER HUMANS for God’s sake!

And the knife has already begun to slice us as well.

It is sad to say that your statements are true. It has gotten worse since Reagan came in. He was another one who wanted to turn the clock back to “better times.” The country had a moment of hope in the sixties but that was dashed by the murder by some of our best leaders historically and we know that those who have taken over were behind those murders. The problem with Americans is that they are not really free - but kind of mind controlled people who believe in myth rather than reality. If the people could ever wake up and face realty, the US might be something worthwhile. Americans are spoon fed BS by MSM constantly and they seem to take it all in. Why would anyone ever pledge allegiance to a “flag”?

This is an astute diagnosis. tRump did not rise up as a demonic exhibition of spontaneous generation like maggots on hardboiled beef. America needs to take a very hard look at its sociological substrate. We truly believe our hearts are always in the right place, but our public priorities need very serious study and realignment.
To begin with: Adequately design and fund public schooling K-16; defend labor unions; justly compensate workers; respect, protect, and assure a healthy environment; reign in big money, because we were supposed to have left feudalism in the dust when we declared independence from England.

Right you are Mini.

We the People must fix what we’ve made a mess of.

How to do that is the $64,000 question.

Hitting them in their pocketbooks sounds easy but getting the masses to stop buying shit they don’t need and can do without may not be easy.

Educating all of those who continue to vote for the Duopoly that the politicians they elect have lied about their intent and are bought and paid for by corporate interests, will indeed also be hard.

Mass demonstrations demanding resignations is more down my alley and preference.

Either way, it will require masses to act.

We know why this is happening. The same drama is playing out all over the planet now.

Humanity is in an evolutionary bottleneck. Its nature was illuminated by the poet Rumi centuries ago: “Gamble everything for love
if you’re a real human being.
If not, leave this gathering!”

As long as we refuse to See how we ourselves refuse to gamble everything for love, we will spawn “leaders” who act from the love of power, not the power of love.

The hand of Nature is rightly Known for its dispassionate justice. Her judgment on those who continue to choose unloving behavior grinds slow, but also exceedingly fine…