Home | About | Donate

'Tide Is Turning': Cheers Erupt for NYC's Suit Against Fossil Fuel Giants and Divestment

'Tide Is Turning': Cheers Erupt for NYC's Suit Against Fossil Fuel Giants and Divestment

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

"We are taking the largest action by any city to confront the growing climate crisis and demonstrate the leadership necessary to win this fight against fossil fuels and the damages they've caused."

“As climate change continues to worsen, it’s up to the fossil fuel companies whose greed put us in this position to shoulder the cost”

Spot On !

“A wake-up call to investors that the risks facing fossil fuel companies are real, material, and rapidly growing.”

Any further support for the fossil industry will cost investors in damages charges.

We need to push this same damages approach with
NRA & Shooting Violence Damages
and
Israel & Palestinian Rights Damages

BDS Israeli companies until Israel withdraws from all occupied territories to 1967 borders.

Guess we are both going to be on Israel’s new list of undesirables

New York City…What took you so long?
I guess it’s a case of better late than never.

Yeah for sure, but one day we might thank them for it😊

Am I the only one seeing a sea-change? The courts strike down most moves by the right be it gerrymandering or immigration or what have you. Cities, counties and states fight back against the weirdness that surrounds us like the pot laws and such. It seems to me that there is a little more room to stretch in, a little more light shinning through. I’m actually wearing a smile, it feels funny, I’m not used to it :slight_smile:

Hmmm…could be you are the only one…but then again…who knows? :confused:

If you watched Chief Justice Rehnquist after he let the Court throw the Bush v Gore decision, it felt like he spent the remainder of his days making compensation for his error.

So yes I think you are right. There is a growing consensus to Clean Up Our Act

I would be a lot more pleased if the city made a commitment to go to an all electric vehicle fleet as vehicles are replaced.
Make that All American cities.

This is one of several great blogs I read each day about climate change, green biz. and divestment. It’s a habit of almost 6 months and the biggest surprise is how much good news I read most days. In fact I am in the process of reformatting my blog and a new regular feature will be GOOD NEWS.

This News out of NYC is huge and hopefully this story will be in the news day after day. I’d love to let you know how to find my blog, but I don’t think that information can be shared on this post.Mimi Hoffman