Home | About | Donate

Tim DeChristopher Arrested Again in the "Age of Anticipatory Mass Graves" for Climate Victims

Tim DeChristopher Arrested Again in the "Age of Anticipatory Mass Graves" for Climate Victims

Democracy Now!

On Wednesday, 23 people were arrested protesting Spectra Energy’s fracked gas pipeline in West Roxbury, Massachusetts. Longtime climate activist Tim DeChristopher was one of about 30 people who ventured onto the Spectra pipeline construction site in an attempt to nonviolently stop work. Local residents and politicians have long opposed the West Roxbury Lateral pipeline, which they say is dangerous for the pipeline to run alongside a quarry where there is frequent blasting.

'Anticipatory Mass Graves'...

Isn't that something?

Maybe we should all start digging these, what with the Three Harpies of the Apocalypse riding our way:

"If you've ever been to jail for justice, you're a friend of mine." Words that say and mean so much once you cross the line. No one wants to be arrested, but the feeling of calmness, the feeling that what you are doing is not about yourself but rather a powerful undertaking on behalf of a greater good. You then settle into a feeling of serene calmness unlike you have ever experienced. Fear dissolves and doubt disappears into a euphoric feeling of calmness.

Right there.

DeChristopher is a highly ethical person, with a penchant for civil disobedience. Well done!

Hooray for Tim DeChristopher!

I wonder if he'd like to be the Green Party's VP candidate. They are still taking suggestions at: http://www.jill2016.com/vpideas

All of what you say is true; the most important thing you said is having a good support team. I will add some very important words which must be remembered; the establishment knows very well how to deal with violence, but they know very little about how to deal with non-violence. Always keep in front of you that picture from decades ago of the young woman protestor putting a bouquet of flowers in the barrel of a National Guardsman's rifle. It said it all then and it says it all now.

So, if you don't have a good support system, that means you need not apply? Or what do you suggest for the ethical loner?

Thanks for the picture. I remember a picture of a young woman, dressed in white, turned to the right and putting flowers in the barrel of the rifle. Oh, what the years can do! Possibly we will get the chance of another picture. Wouldn't in be incredible if the young man in this picture turned up repeating this act of peace. All these years; when will they ever learn? When will they ever learn.