Home | About | Donate

TIME Editor Claims Bush Didn't Politicize 9/11, Drawing Progressive Heat

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/31/time-editor-claims-bush-didnt-politicize-911-drawing-progressive-heat

He didn’t politicize it, the media did>I feel sorry for the evil wrought from this country>that is then dissected through the lens of conformity with the guise of goodness with a profit motive. More disturbing and insane is that once proclaimed hubris declaring bush administration as doctrine for a “Project for a New American Century” was actually a cabalistic genocide brought about by wolfowitz and his pentagon advisers. But stay tuned this has already been rewritten and christians and white men are responsible.

1 Like

The GOP, its corporate and media sponsors have been refining revisionist history ever since Saint Ron ascended the throne in 1981.

1 Like

“I was thinking back to 9/11, Nicolle, and I have no recollection of George Bush politicizing it in any way,” said Stengel. "

9/11 needs to be reopened as any other cold case would be if 3,000 innocent people were murdered with no one ever found that was culpable. I am confident that George knew a lot more than we have been told!

4 Likes

Stengel is a grubby little functionary of the “national security” borg.

2 Likes

But i thought the culpable one was terminated in Pakistan and buried at sea. Case closed. (Next we will hear Julian Assange dies from covid19.)
Chelsea just got out in time.

1 Like

I would fervently hope that is wrong!

1 Like

Stengel adds to the problem of our national coverups. Truth has been nailed to a cross, and the liars and deceivers keep getting overwhelming cover.
The truth has been a casualty in America for a long time, and instead of addressing it we double down on deceit by installing trump. The most vociferous liar in modern times. Perhaps ever.

1 Like

Trump and Chaney caused 9/11 that is a little worse than politicizing 9/11 !

1 Like

This is part of the plan of the MSM and MSNBC to resurrect the reputation of W.
Part of the reason is to try to show Trump is an abberation and not a typical tool of the ruling class.

1 Like

Sorry, I misspelled aberration.

1 Like

SO starting an unnecessary and illegal war of choice with Iraq - who had nothing to do with 9/11 - so that he could become a ‘war-time president’ and get re-elected, is not politicizing in your book?

The media just followed his lead - because it was good for their business too

1 Like

Something new, and something old.
What is new is that mountain goats are moving onto the streets of Wales. What is old is that jackasses have moved into Washington.

Stengel is just another corporate hack mouth breather. MSNBC is nearly chalk full of them as “contributors”.

1 Like

unfortunately, we can’t reopen that topic cause fancy nancy pelosi, milk toast harry reid, and our favorite president barry obama said we gotta look forward. only look forward, no need to look back. these three asshats not only aided and abetted the bush/cheney crime syndicate, they also set up the conditions for the current drumpf criminal enterprise to go unmolested and pull off an even bigger crime of the century with the russian mafia, clutch my pearls lindsey graham and moscow mitch.

2 Likes

I stopped watch MSNBC in 2015. Haven’t been back

i hear yah- rachel still has her moments if you can make it through her repetition and endless droning on instead of advancing the stories.
but the rest of them are trash. i mostly only watch for certain contributors like elie mystal, unfortunately, the best people i wanna hear talk are few and far between.

1 Like

No, The Lying Son-of-a-Bush didn’t “politicize” 9/11 — he just used it to suck us into an endless war in the Middle East, that’s all . . .

1 Like

Maybe some people have more privileges than others, as I’ve only been able to make changes
within 1/2 hour of first posting a comment.

2 Likes

oh, i hear ya, and believe ya, but it will NEVER happen. i don’t care how many petitions are signed. because if you opened that case to an honest and truthful examination, you would have to involve the government. some of which would be people who were in office at the time and would have to approve the investigation taking place. 3/4 of those government officials, at the time would look COMPLETELY ASININE and complete LIARS in retrospect. and those folks will never allow that. plus, the american psyche would never be able to reconcile that nearly EVERYTHING they hear and believe is complete fiction.