Home | About | Donate

Time for These Two Democrats to Go

Time for These Two Democrats to Go

Bill Moyers, Michael Winship

There are two Democrats whose resignation from office right now would do their party and country a service.

Their disappearance might also help Hillary Clinton convince skeptical Democrats that her nomination, if it happens, is about the future, and not about resurrecting and ratifying the worst aspects of the first Clinton reign when she and her husband rarely met a donor to whom they wouldn’t try to auction a sleepover in the Lincoln Bedroom.

i do so agree, 'wicklund'! although, i respect both moyers and winship, as soon as i read the line beginning, "Their disappearance might also help Hillary Clinton convince skeptical Democrats. . .," i had to quit reading. i'm suprised these two guys think hillary is a democrat.

Looking back on post-election 2008, I can't help but chuckle at my naivete in seeing Obama's "hope" and "change you can believe in" disappear with his announcement of Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff.

From that announcement, it was clear there would be neither hope nor change.

Ram's business appeared to be two-fold: to screw up the Affordable Care Act, and to screw over Illinois Governor and fellow Democrat Rod Blagojevich, whose Chicago Democratic congressional seat he had inherited. Talk about bad blood: Blago continues to serve a 14 year sentence in federal prison!

Whether it was Rahm's revenge or Obama's on Blago doesn't matter, but as soon as Rahm achieved the conviction, he was wisked off to Chicago to replace Richard Daley as mayor.

Good reflection by Moyers and Winship on these two characters whose time to move on has come.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It was clear to me long before that, when he was contending for the DP nomination ..

But even if they do - Stein is the better choice, by leagues ...

May as well ask a Capo to condemn his lieutenants.

Good grief - as if kicking out 2 crummy Dems will "cure" the party of its ills - the whole damn party needs to be deep-sixed ..

I agree, the "convince skeptical Democrats" line is no different than the more widely printed "Bernie will make Hillary a better candidate" insult to the intelligence of Sanders' supporters.

Brand Clinton and Clinton Inc. are institutions that are more in hock to Wall Street and its corporate cronies than they have ever been. Institutions with roots that deep do not change.

Reading the article's title, anyone else think Moyers and Winship were referring to these two?

wicklund: I agreed with the premise of Moyers, etc., and I agree with you., where I disagree is that
Hillary is not "center-right", she is neocon/neoliberal far right in a lot of areas...where she is not is when she
throws the peasants a few bones, because : noblesse oblige (not sure of spelling), and/or to keep us
quiet (not burning the Bastille)....

smallisbeautifu: GREAT!!!!!

Hillary is the one who should take a hike.

Because they don't work for Bernie. In fact, a major part of their job is to make him 'go'.

so is there an article to post under as the results start coming in? although i may just give it up and check in at like 11.

my guess would be the "Sanders Looks West...." article

Start with those two. Then get rid of the rest. Then shut the party down. Then bury it beneath 40 feet of concrete in a lead sarcophagus.

I share the incredulity of those posting before I saw this -- What in heaven's name is going on here? I feel as if I've been transported to an alternative universe.

These two authors are obviously kidding.
QUOTE: They represent everything wrong with the Democratic Party. Hillary Clinton should tell them to take a hike. UNQUOTE
Without corrupt leadership of the DNC by Wasserman Schulltz and the support by characters like Rahm Emanuel Clinton would not be where she is now. She does not give a hoot how she is perceived, as long as she wins the nomination and these two helped her with that.