Home | About | Donate

'Time Is Up': Campaigners Occupy Pelosi's Office, Launch Global Hunger Strike for Climate Action

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/18/time-campaigners-occupy-pelosis-office-launch-global-hunger-strike-climate-action

3 Likes

The only way to get Nancy Polluted( her brain that is) to listen is for them to bring checkbooks. Unfortunately they can’t afford her price. Best democracy money can buy.

10 Likes

Many climate deniers and insouciant politicians because of their age like Nancy, who is 80, probably cannot relate to the coming future climate catastrophes like Greta Thunberg who is 16, but Nancy has Grand Kids and wouldn’t you think that even if she may die soon, she would at least care about her Grand Kids climate future?

10 Likes

With fossil fuel $$$$$$$!

1 Like

Why haven’t we the people of California unseated this old turkey by now??? She is beholden to her wealthy donors and will never do good by the people.

7 Likes

Almost all of the buildings on Grand Bahama and Abaco Islands are just gone. Paradise, California burned up. Millions of Central American and sub-Saharan farmers are asking smugglers to get them to the USA and Europe because their fields won’t grow food anymore. Now we can begin to talk about what climate change will be like in forty years.

The cures involve invention and engineering. Many of the cures are shockingly easy and cheap. Usually with engineering problems the solutions are straightforward but then you have to minimize the side effects. In any case, zero actual work is getting done year after year. Charles Koch likes it that way.

4 Likes

It’s been said that lawyers eat their young.

4 Likes

If ER did this at Pelosi’s SF office, the occupation (and the inevitable removal of the occupiers by the local police) might be covered by the local news - and that might prompt a few voters to support her opponents in the primary. Occupying her DC office accomplishes much less.

2 Likes

Nancy’s grand kids have the money to buy vast swats of land in Alaska or anyplace on earth to avert catastrophe. However vast majority of us will have to cope or die out, they don’t give a damn. The wealthy think they are superior genes and deserve what the loot of the centuries.

5 Likes

I keep asking this question. Are the voters in San Francisco and environs really so indifferent and un-interested/indifferent about the world around them?

Interesting point but really has there never been any decent effort to unseat this shill of corporate power? Are San Franciscans brain dead?

3 Likes

The power is always with the people ,when they want it back, they will simply take it .

1 Like

Thanks for important story. XR US has a 4th demand that XR UK does not have. It demands a just transition in response to environmental racism and histories of colonization, land theft, institutionalized racism. You can read it at for example www.xrmass.org right on our home page.

5 Likes

Give her hell, “ER”; she’s one of the deeply entrenched corporate Dem’s that is playing it safe while skating towards a wealthy retirement.

1 Like

May I find the courage to do what these folks are doing.

3 Likes

Her district is one of the wealthiest in the state.

1 Like

All they are asking for is a meeting. What hatred she shows to the people.

1 Like

I guess rich people don’t vote against their best interests.

To everyone, Extinction Rebellion uses the acronym XR to self-identify.

And I encourage you to join up. There may be a chapter near you where you can participate in planning and executing disruption. My chapter is all ages…

https://extinctionrebellion.us/

2 Likes

I feel very confident that she will work to promote corporate interests. So she’ll probably either try to wait them out of she’ll have police remove them.