Home | About | Donate

"Time's Up": New Initiative by Hollywood Women Aims to Confront Sexual Abuse Across All Industries

"Time's Up": New Initiative by Hollywood Women Aims to Confront Sexual Abuse Across All Industries

Jon Queally, staff writer

"The struggle for women to break in, to rise up the ranks and to simply be heard and acknowledged in male-dominated workplaces must end; time's up on this impenetrable monopoly."

I am hoping that the women of America take Trump down. I personally think they are the only ones that can do it.

Maybe. It was women who grabbed their pitchforks, congregated in front of the mayors office, and started the French Revolution…

Unfortunately, that legal defense fund is not going to look very attractive to a woman who faces firing and blacklisting and destitution as a “troublemaker” if she challenges a supervisor’s sexual harassment. Only organizing and concerted solidarity actions by all woman’s co-workers will make the boss back down.

So better that the fund go to organizing these women’s low-wage occupations into a union. I recommend the IWW.

It’s long overdue.

Women must accept some blame for sexual harassment and abuse because they “go out of their way to make themselves attractive” to men, Dame Angela Lansbury has said.

“There are two sides to this coin. We have to own up to the fact that women, since time immemorial, have gone out of their way to make themselves attractive. And unfortunately it has backfired on us - and this is where we are today.

“We must sometimes take blame, women. I really do think that. Although it’s awful to say we can’t make ourselves look as attractive as possible without being knocked down and raped,” the 92-year-old told Radio Times.

She added that the fault does not lie with individual victims: “Should women be prepared for this? No, they shouldn’t have to be. There’s no excuse for that. And I think it will stop now - it will have to. I think a lot of men must be very worried at this point.”

Dame Angela said she had not suffered any harassment during her time as a young actress in Hollywood, where she was signed to MGM studios and earned an Oscar nomination for her first role, in the 1944 film Gaslight.

Her comments drew a strong response from Rape Crisis England & Wales, which said in a statement: “It is a deeply unhelpful myth that rape and other forms of sexual violence are caused or ‘provoked’ by women’s sexuality or ‘attractiveness’.

Safety of women has declined under Liberal rule in Denmark.

Since the Liberals took power in the Summer of 2015, the number of reported rapes has increased by 232 percent, according to fresh data from the Danish state bureau of statistics, Danmarks Statistik.

An increase in reported rapes also means an increase in unreported rapes. A state report concludes “many rapes are not reported.”

Since the Liberals took power, tens of thousands of migrants and refugees from Islamic countries have been allowed into the country. Many more are now following, due to family reunifications.

I advocate death penalty for true rape, especially of children. put fear into the hearts of the animals something rapists can understand. How progressive of them. Anyone who is capable of rape should be killed, plain and simple. Not only would that deter rape but its truly the only cure. Just like you can’t stop a paedophile from wanting to molest a child, you can’t change someone capable of rape. At least the punishment of death would make rapists think twice before committing the act. Those who do go through with the act in defiance of the threat of death are beyond repair. Of course proof would be necessary.
IA
http://www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk

Women go out of their way to make themselves attractive to men. Of course they do - it works. If they didn’t, they’d go to the back of the queue.

Time’s Up – and there’s no doubt about that – it’s been up for decades now and
thousands of years.

One of the things that we have to understand about the oppression of women is that
it leaves them unable to protect children. And the right wing fascists certainly seem to
be ready to return us to child labor a la Victorian Era and Robber Baron Era here.

I’d say that no GAG rule should ever be enacted to cover a crime – it should be illegal to do so.
Understand that in California these gag rules are illegal.
We also need to stop our government from using gag rules to cover up their crimes.
This is information the public has to have.

Wasn’t the original color of feminists WHITE?

STRONGLY disagree with Angela Lansbury or anyone else who suggests that what
women wear is responsible for their being sexually abused/raped.
How many rapes do we have on our beaches?
It’s when these men can act by cornering women and intimidating and threatening them
that they feel free to sexually abuse women. This is NOT something done out in the open.

I will say this however …
When I look at many of our female actors and what they wear, it makes me feel that they
are really showing us that they feel powerless. This isn’t the way confident women would
dress. Many of the outfits seem to show desperation rather than confidence.

You are insulting to the fine job being done by Mueller and his team of investigators. They are the ones who will take down Trump, and will do it with evidence and facts of criminal activity, and not with unprovable charges of sexual harassment.

The French Revolution was started with guillotines.

How many women get raped at beaches? Gee, how many get raped at nudist colonies?

It is a fact that women who flaunt it, and then walk alone down isolated streets or parking garages are more likely to be raped than women who dress conservatively and don’t objectify their own bodies.

Dear bothers, seems they are calling us out on the sexual harassment issue and the finger is pointing one way. I don’t deny that women suffer sex harassment and that it should stop, but it does perplex me somewhat that it seems that only men sexually harass women and women do not sexually harass men.
It seems rather odd that among all the sexual allegations brought forth so far not one against a woman?
I assume that men find women attractive and women to not find men attractive enough to make an advance? Hmm?
Well anyways guys just remember the scale is tipped against you in the court room of political correctness, best to play it safe and let them make the first move and then you can call them out.
Becareful ladies you may get you ask for, equality on every level.

A hotbed of abuse and harassment (along with ageism, sexism, homophobia, etc.) exists in any and all college athletic departments that thrive on abusing/marginalizing/objectifying women from coaches to staff to student athletes (of both genders)…even women administrators in athletics are culpable. The worst of the worst are the football coaches and administrators at all levels. Weinstein would fit very well into collegiate athletics…perhaps he could start anew.