Home | About | Donate

'Tip of the Iceberg': Amnesty Demands Independent Probe of Civilians Massacred During US 'Annihilation Tactics' in Raqqa

'Tip of the Iceberg': Amnesty Demands Independent Probe of Civilians Massacred During US 'Annihilation Tactics' in Raqqa

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Amnesty International on Monday is urging the U.S.-led military coalition targeting the Islamic State in Syria to launch an independent investigation into the full scale of civilian carnage it may have caused in its brutal Raqqa offensive last year.

"As far as how do we know how many civilians were killed—I'm just being honest—no one will ever know." —U.S. Army Col. Thomas Veale

We must fire incumbents until we get peace.

How can they be held accountable when they do not care about “collateral damage”. The pressure must come from many different angles not only Amnesty International. Because when in history have the war mongers ever expressed regret or even admitted to the massacre of civilian populations without decades of pressure.

I believe there was another brutal empire that used “annihilation” tactics not so very long ago. They called it Blitzkrieg.
The more things change the more they stay the same, eh?
If I remember correctly things didn’t end well for that empire.

Democrats and republicans have marched to foreign war as they stripped humanity with austerity at home.

The US government is a grotesque vampire monster that preys on life and Earth.

Each election cycle leads to greater perversions and depravity.