Home | About | Donate

TISA and Tech's Double Standards On Secret Government Internet Deals

TISA and Tech's Double Standards On Secret Government Internet Deals

Jeremy Malcolm

The stash of previously-secret correspondence about the Trade In Services Agreement (TISA) that EFF obtained and published this week speaks volumes about the extent to which technology companies such as IBM and Google, and trade lobby groups such as the Computer and Communications Industry Association (CCIA) and Internet Digital Economy Alliance (IDEA), have bought into the dangerous idea that trade agreements should be used to govern the

"Government" is becoming more globalized and technologically based. The pas de deux between governments and tech firms is beyond my grasp. I further suspect that each side has no mastery of the complexity of the interweaving of forces that are evolving. In the long run, rules will most likely be brokered not by law, but by ideology. (We've already noticed that trend, now haven't we?) I am going to do my best to mind my own business to safeguard my security. When I see an injustice done to others (nature included), I'll probably screw up my plan. Sucks to care.

but we know it would suck worse not to. so glad you post here, WOwl. :O)